SalMUN 2009
Welcome to SalMUN 2009 Forum!
First time on the forum? please read the instructions!
In order to post, please login =)
If you already saw this message, you may cancel it.
SalMUN 2009

This forum is a lobbying place for MUN delegates to get prepared for the actual SalMUN 2009 Conference in Bahia!


You are not connected. Please login or register

Golan Heights dispute

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Golan Heights dispute on October 19th 2009, 15:34

Hello Delegate, I created this topic to make a debate about Syria's topic and as the delegates know the Golan Heights are in a dispute.

View user profile

2 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 19th 2009, 15:43

Israel believes that Syria will create a military base in the golan heights if they get it back.

View user profile

3 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 19th 2009, 15:45

The delegate of Syria,
has researched and Israel had invaded the Golan Heights to control it and got the most of it to put army on the peaks of it. The Golan Height has lots of Syrian settlments and resources. The Golan Heights was of Syria and was their property then after the Six-day war Israel invaded the Golan Heights and conquered it because they thought that it was a strategic point to attack Israel but Israel doesn't have the authority to invade every place and do what it wants. Israel took controll of the Golan Heights but how can the Syrians know that they are protected if Israel is in the strategic place where they ckan kill their own civilians. Syria has the priority of getting the Golan Heights back without making any agreement.

View user profile

4 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 20th 2009, 15:23

right delegate, because if Israel gives it back it will try to conquer it again right? I mean, delegate, how can you say that the Syrians are in danger, when by fact the Israeli bases in the Golan Heights are suffering attacks every month, open fire against them while soldiers are performing basic tasks. Delegate, as you are aware, after the Six-Day-War Israel also captured the Sinai Peninsula, from Egypt, but returned it in its full extension the moment Egypt recognized Israel as a state, being the first of all Arab nations,both parties signed the Oslo Accords, I believe, but am not certain. Which meant Israel would give back the Sinai Peninsula, and Egypt fully recognized right to exist.

Delegate, why wont Syria simply recognize the millions of people that live as one nation, the Israeli nation? Wouldn't this be much easier if Syria would recognize Israel as a state?

View user profile

5 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 20th 2009, 18:40

It was actually the Camp David Accords of 1978 in which, alongside American President Carter, Egypt was granted the return of its rightful territory of the Sinai Peninsula in exchange for the recognition of Israel as a state.

Needless to say, however, that the most basic answer to the question posed by the Israeli delegate is that the Muslim brotherhood will only recognize the right to exist of the Jewish state if Israel formerly recognizes the territories of West Bank, Gaza Strip and East Jerusalem (previous to the 1967 military invasion) as the country of the Palestinian Arabs. As the country of Palestine. The real question is, are you willing to do that?

See you soon,
Delegation of Iran

View user profile

6 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 20th 2009, 21:35

its exactly what we are proposing in the resolution delegate.

View user profile

7 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 21st 2009, 10:09

Israel_ale wrote:right delegate, because if Israel gives it back it will try to conquer it again right? I mean, delegate, how can you say that the Syrians are in danger, when by fact the Israeli bases in the Golan Heights are suffering attacks every month, open fire against them while soldiers are performing basic tasks. Delegate, as you are aware, after the Six-Day-War Israel also captured the Sinai Peninsula, from Egypt, but returned it in its full extension the moment Egypt recognized Israel as a state, being the first of all Arab nations,both parties signed the Oslo Accords, I believe, but am not certain. Which meant Israel would give back the Sinai Peninsula, and Egypt fully recognized right to exist.

Delegate, why wont Syria simply recognize the millions of people that live as one nation, the Israeli nation? Wouldn't this be much easier if Syria would recognize Israel as a state?

Dear delegate, the fact that Israel gave back the Sinai Peninsula to Egypt doesn't mean they will do such thing for Syria. Golan Heights is 30% of the water supply from Israel. So delegate, do you really believe Israel will let go of the Golan Heights so easily? Delegate, Syria will only recognize Israel as a state when they become one which will propose peaceful solutions with no absurd conditions. Golan Heights is originally land of Syria, and that is how it should be. Syria doesn't want the Golan Heights for war, we want the Golan Heights for water and housing for our citizens. Syria is against war and is looking forward to have a peaceful agreement with Israel.
Sincerely,
the delegate of Syria!

View user profile

8 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 21st 2009, 20:38

as the israeli delegate, I think that right now you should be focusing on what your country wants, and not Israels concerns or personal problems, yes, Israel does have a water issue, but it hopes that the Syrian Golan Heights can be shared by both countries. Dont worry about Israel's situation, especially when pretending to do so, cause we all know that it wont be used for pacific means, and by the way, the lives of those who were living there prior to the invasion hasn't changed, DELEGATE, DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND, THAT IF SYRIA RECOGNIZES ISRAEL AS A STATE, ISRAEL WILL SURELY ENSURE THAT THE GOLAN HEIGHTS IS TO BE RETURNED TO SYRIA, AS WITH THE SINAI PENINSULA IN EGYPT?

View user profile

9 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 21st 2009, 21:24

Israel_ale wrote:as the israeli delegate, I think that right now you should be focusing on what your country wants, and not Israels concerns or personal problems, yes, Israel does have a water issue, but it hopes that the Syrian Golan Heights can be shared by both countries. Dont worry about Israel's situation, especially when pretending to do so, cause we all know that it wont be used for pacific means, and by the way, the lives of those who were living there prior to the invasion hasn't changed, DELEGATE, DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND, THAT IF SYRIA RECOGNIZES ISRAEL AS A STATE, ISRAEL WILL SURELY ENSURE THAT THE GOLAN HEIGHTS IS TO BE RETURNED TO SYRIA, AS WITH THE SINAI PENINSULA IN EGYPT?

Dear delegate, show some maturity and control yourself while posting in the forum, will you? First of all, how can you assure that such measures will be taken? List an article which shows that Israel would do that if Syria recognizes them as a state. Also, please show a little bit of maturity and don't say that the delegate of Syria and Syria is pretending to show concern over Israel, because that is an immature and lame state, delegate. Last, how can you assure Syria won't use the Golan Heights for peace? Syria is facing a water issue and Syria needs the water from the Golan Heights. So, dear delegate, can you please stop accusing Syria of such things? Your accusations have no foundation and are extremely ridiculous. Lets show some etiquette in this forum, shall we?

Sincerely,
the delegate of Syria.

View user profile

10 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 21st 2009, 21:55

delegate of syria,
if you really believe that Im not being mature, its your problem, but please, don't say I'm acting immaturely when you just stated that what I was doing was ^lame^, way to be completely contradictory to your own case, and plese, stick to the facts.... your ideas cant be proven, and by the way you cant supposedly state that it will be peaceful,it might be peaceful? its more likely that it wont, then what happens then, the same conflict happens all over again? delegate, I thought you knew better to never support ideas with false impressions and ideas or possibilities which can only be proven through experiment, which right now, Israel isn't willing to risk the possibility of its people's lives at risk, unlike your government.

ps. don't say that the delegate of Israel is being immature when the delegate hasn't stated one piece of evidence to support your case, I am simply questioning your knowledge, because right now what you have stated is clearly undermining Syria's governments capacity of solving an issue, what I'm saying is that your representation of Syria isn't helping Syria at all, try to solve the problem, not to create excuses.

What does my immaturity have to do with the issue? you're the one that cant make your case.

View user profile

11 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 22nd 2009, 10:23

Israel_ale wrote:delegate of syria,
if you really believe that Im not being mature, its your problem, but please, don't say I'm acting immaturely when you just stated that what I was doing was ^lame^, way to be completely contradictory to your own case, and plese, stick to the facts.... your ideas cant be proven, and by the way you cant supposedly state that it will be peaceful,it might be peaceful? its more likely that it wont, then what happens then, the same conflict happens all over again? delegate, I thought you knew better to never support ideas with false impressions and ideas or possibilities which can only be proven through experiment, which right now, Israel isn't willing to risk the possibility of its people's lives at risk, unlike your government.

ps. don't say that the delegate of Israel is being immature when the delegate hasn't stated one piece of evidence to support your case, I am simply questioning your knowledge, because right now what you have stated is clearly undermining Syria's governments capacity of solving an issue, what I'm saying is that your representation of Syria isn't helping Syria at all, try to solve the problem, not to create excuses.

What does my immaturity have to do with the issue? you're the one that cant make your case.

Delegate of Israel, please, first of all, read before you post, please! Second of all, I can post any piece of information to back up my story, but I'm not wasting it with a delegate thats immature through a forum, I'm saving it for MUN like any smart person would do. Third of all, our resolution will propose Israel to continue vigillance of our actions in Golan Heights, so please, know the facts before you affirm things that aren't true. Also, please learn to use dictionary.com because heres the following definition of lame: inadequate. So please, as I've said before, read and research before you post
Sincerely,
the delegate of Syria!

View user profile

12 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 22nd 2009, 11:10

Delegate, Im not immature, you are. If you knew the definition of lame is inadequte then use inadequete, and how am I supposed to know what your resolution is about when you don't inform anything to anyone, and if you were to be truly smart you would resign as delegate of Syria, because again, your not supporting your case, you're simply attacking the delegate of Israel which is truly imature, using lame in a sentence is immature!

View user profile

13 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 22nd 2009, 11:57

Israel_ale wrote:Delegate, Im not immature, you are. If you knew the definition of lame is inadequte then use inadequete, and how am I supposed to know what your resolution is about when you don't inform anything to anyone, and if you were to be truly smart you would resign as delegate of Syria, because again, your not supporting your case, you're simply attacking the delegate of Israel which is truly imature, using lame in a sentence is immature!

All the delegate of Syria wants is that the level of respect doesn't go down, how you are doing. Please, stay on topic, this isn't a social network ok? Include facts about your country, debate and done, dont say things like resign as delegate of Syria, because if you weren't immature, you wouldn't say things like that. Be respectful dear delegate, and stay on topic. I didn't demand you to know about our resolution, I just stated one piece of it and what we are looking forward for. Golan Heights was officially from Syria and it is its righteous spot!

Sincerely,
The delegate of Syria!

View user profile

14 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 22nd 2009, 12:09

Delegate, fisrt of all I would like to renforce what my partner stated in the beggining, to Syria mind its own buisness and not be worried with the Israeli water scarcity. We do have problem with water, but it doesnt means that Israel would sufgfer if it returns the Golan Heghts back to Syria. We have the Jordan River and the Ha'Arat rivers as a source of water, which we also use it.
Delegate of Syria, do not referm to my partner as a immature person, who are you to talk to her like that; and please delegate use formal wods when refereing to us, dont use such word like LAME, it is totally informal to this situation, and you dont call my partner not intelligent, when you told her she hsould use dictionary.com, you is the one who should be using it and see that Lame, is not appropiate for this type of conversation Wink

View user profile

15 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 23rd 2009, 22:10

For the latter Israeli representative, it's not "you is the one" but "you are the one..." while Ale needs a dictionary I'm figuring Roberta needs some grammar lessons.

Regardless, Iran is very much aware that this is not the point of this discussion forum. Our delegation would like to stress emphasis on the following: why the heck should Syria allow inspections from the IDF when in control of the Golan Heights? Is there no such principle as sovereignty? What gives Israel the right to base military inspections on assumptions? Ah, maybe the Israeli intelligence has a crystal ball that the Arab countries are not aware of... For the sake of this forum, please stop the whole "you are immature!" nonsense blabbering, it's killing me, honestly. Now, it's quite uncommomn that a country wouldn't consider the fact that 30% of its water reservoirs depend upon an occupied territory (which means it's not theirs) in addressing how to give this land back to its rightful owners. In this case, Syria. Also, shall we take into account this little known fact that Israel allots 85% of the water resources in the occupied territories of West Bank for Jews and the remaining 15% is divided among all Palestinians in the territories. For example in Hebron, 85% of the water is given to about 500 Israeli settlers, while 15% must be divided among Hebron's 120,000 Palestinians. Suprising how Israel is capable of being unfair even when distributing water that is not theirs. Quite impressive actually.

Anyways, Israel's situation with the whole water deal is something Iran is not very much concerned about, however, the idea that Israel will still maintain some level of influence over Syria's legitimate territory is disconcerting. Syrian delegation, ponder about this and find ways to combat this "lame" Israeli approach to control your own land.

See you soon,
Delegation of Iran

View user profile

16 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 27th 2009, 17:53

Who are you delegate to tell me what should my partner and I do or not; this is totally inappropriate.. and please dont use sarcasm when saying oh.. Israel might have a crystal ball that the Arabs countries are not aware of... please delgate this killed me.

Israel is suffering from scarcity of water, but it doenst means it cannot survive without the Golan Heights. Israel is always trying to return it to Syria, but unfortunatly Syria is not contributing to the accord. And to answer your question: why the heck should Syria allow inspections from the IDF when in control of the Golan Heights?.. israel would just like to say that it would not be against sovereignty, it would just be the right to protect. Israel wouldnt want Syria to use it as a military base, so it could train the military, or even help terrorists groups to attack Israel, it would just be th right of protection, and just to check.

View user profile

17 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 27th 2009, 18:31

delegate of Iran, this debate is not about the Israeli delegates.Stop attacking the Israeli delegates personally, this matter is not a personal one, you can defend your country, as we delegates are defending Israel, but dont attack the Israeli delegates, instead attacking us, attack the country that your against.

View user profile

18 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 27th 2009, 19:25

Delegates, please, Iran just made such personal remark as a similiar response to how Israel has been charging other countries in this section of the forum. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings, but it's a tough world, kid.

Regardless, let me just clear up something for the Israeli delegation: you will achieve nothing if you continue with the "I-don't-trust-Arab-countries" policy. You are seeking peace with Syria but in the meantime you are questioning the nation's trustworthiness and disrespecting its sovereignty, because, yes, Israel's military inspection is a defiance to Syria's supremacy and authority to rule over the Golan Heights. This has absolutely nothing to do with the "right to protect" since it is solely based on the possibility that someday, somewhere, somehow, the Syrian government might decide to use this territory as a military base that could hypothetically attack Israel. This is an assumption. Please try to understand the reality of the facts and see that every diplomatic relation is based on the principles of trust.

If you are not willing to give it a try, then why should we?


See you soon,
Delegation of Iran

View user profile

19 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 27th 2009, 19:36

how can Israel trust Syria, a state that refuses Israel's right to exist and that previously used the Golan Heights as a military base to attack Syria, to make sure that Israel wont be endangered in this process?

View user profile

20 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 27th 2009, 23:34

Delegate of Iran, In the Khartoum conference held in 1967, Israel proposed returning Golan Heights to Syria, Sinai Peninsula to Egypt, and the majority of West Bank to Jordan in return for peace treaties with its Arab neighbors. This resolution was rejected. Israel has tried to make peace with the Arab nations, and has succeeded several times, such as the Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty in 1979 and the Israel-Jordan Peace Treaty in 1994. Israel does not have a policy to not trust Arab states, and has only tried to make peace with them all throughout history. Iran, however, is a different story.
In August, 2006, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iran's President, stated that destroying Israel was the only solution to the Middle East crisis. "As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map," Ahmadinejad was reported saying. He continued to say that Israel "is an illegitimate regime, there is no legal basis for it’s existence." Mahmoud's statements were condemned globally, as the Foreign Affairs Minister of Canada comments, that he " "vigorously condemn the remarks made by Iran's president. We are in the 21st century. Canada will never accept such hatred, intolerance and anti-Semitism. Never."
In September 2009, Iran fired missiles at Israel, confirming it's destruction path. Although they were only test-missiles, Ahmad Vahidi, the Iranian Defense Minister, stated that, "If this [ Israeli attack] happens, which, of course, we do not foresee, its ultimate result would be to expedite the last breath of the Zionist regime." In simpler terms, if Israel attacks Iran, Iran will, 'wipe it off the map,' as Mahmoud has already stated. The responsibility to protect works here because as said in paragraph 138-139 of the World Summit Outcome Document, each Head of State and governments agree:

"That each individual state has the primary responsibility to protect its populations from genocide, war crimes, crimes against humanity and ethnic cleansing. And it is also a responsibility for prevention of these crimes.

That the international community should encourage or assist states to exercise this responsibility.

The international community has the responsibility to use appropriate diplomatic, humanitarian and other peaceful means to help protect populations threatened by these crimes. When a state anifestly fails in its protection responsibilities, and peaceful means are inadequate, the international community must take stronger measures, including collective use of force authorized by the Security Council under Chapter VII." Pasted from <http://www.responsibilitytoprotect.org/index.php/about-rtop>



If Israel is wiped off the map, it would be an ethnic cleansing, which the international community has a responsibility to prevent. Therefore, the R2P is a completely valid and important part of this argument, since Iran has already declared it's threat of an Israeli ethnic cleansing.



Last edited by israel_andrea on October 27th 2009, 23:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : size was wrong)

View user profile

21 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 28th 2009, 18:42

The delegate of Syria would like to state a few reasons why Syria claims that the Golan Heights is rightfully theirs:

First of all, Israel states that the Golan Heights was taken due to its military strategic importance for Syria, but that is no reason according to the UN Charter to take by force any land from any country.

Second of all, it has been said by different Israeli officials and citizens quotes that would degrade Syria morally, such as:

"I know how
80 percent of the clashes there started. In my opinion, more than 80
percent, but let's talk about 80 percent. It went this way: We would
send a tractor to plow someplace where it wasn't possible to do
anything, in the demilitarized area, and knew in advance that the
Syrians would start to shoot. If they didn't shoot, we would tell the
tractor to advance farther, until in the end the Syrians would get
annoyed and shoot. And then we would use artillery and later the air
force also…" (Rami Tal, "Moshe Dayan: Soul Searching," Yediot Aharonot, 27 April 1997, cited Shlaim, pp. 235-6) - The following quote was an Israeli general stating their strategy during 1949 and 1967, which some could call "snatching bits of lands until the enemy would despair and give it away"

Quotes such as these prove that Israel is not actually trying to achieve peace, since if one person in the Israeli government is stating that they all just want peace, and the rest won`t back that up, clearly Israel isn`t looking forward for any kind of peace.

Last, in August 2004, Israel chief of staff Moshe Yaalon stated the following: "If you ask
me, theoretically, if we can reach an agreement with Syria...my answer
is that from a military standpoint it is possible to reach an agreement
by giving up the Golan Heights. The army is able to defend any border." - That is, no military topics or reasons can be given for the Golan Heights not to be given back to Syria.

These are just a few of the inumerous reasons why the Golan Heights should be given back to Syria, and last of all, the U.N. doesn't approve any kind of possession of land which was snatched of another country, such as classic examples like the Golan Heights. Syria is willing to recognize Israel as a country as soon as the Golan Heights is righteously 100% part of Syria.

Sincerely,
the delegate of Syria.

P.S.: To answer the delegate of Israel's question... Israeli soldiers will be able to patrol Syria's actions in the Golan Heights territory so no military actions will be made.



Last edited by Syria_Rafael on October 28th 2009, 20:38; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

22 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 28th 2009, 20:15

israel_andrea wrote: "That each individual state has the primary responsibility to protect its populations from genocide, war crimes, crimes against humanity and ethnic cleansing. And it is also a responsibility for prevention of these crimes.

Thank you, new delegate of Israel. Thank you for pointing out the very core of Iran's, I will merely sum up to this word, dislike for your country. For more than sixty years the Palestinians have had to endure a genocide that was forcefully called upon them, for no apparent reason, by the Israeli government. You speak so repetitively about the misinterpreted "wipe off the map" quote by our always so graceful president Ahmadinejad, so I will reveal some sayings by former Israeli prime ministers and members of cabinet about the Palestinian people:

"[The Palestinians] are beasts walking on two legs."
Former Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin

"(The Palestinians) would be crushed like grasshoppers ... heads smashed against the boulders and walls."
Former Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir

"Everybody has to move, run and grab as many (Palestinian) hilltops as they can to enlarge the (Jewish) settlements because everything we take now will stay ours...Everything we don't grab will go to them."
Israeli Foreign Minister Ariel Sharon

Does that sound offensive to you? Imagine to the Palestinians...

Regardless, now that we have settled that, I would just like you to know one thing: responsability to protect is not based on assumptions. Please, please, tell me how you actually know that Syria would be planning to strike an attack against your country. Again, if you have a crystal ball, please do not hesitate in lending it to the Iranian government, maybe this way we can rest assured that Israel is not planning in attacking our country anytime soon. Judging by your comments, actually, Iran, along with the entirety of the international community, would be the one to use this principle as an argument for invading Israel since you have practiced war crimes in the latest Gaza Strip incursion (ACCORDING TO A REPORT BY THE UNITED NATIONS) and you have been disregarding every international principle out there in dealing with the Palestinians. Your government has neglected the right to self-determination of the Palestinian people since you don't recognize the Palestinian state. Not only don't you recognize, but you also occuppy these denominated Palestinian territories ilegally, against the United Nations, against 70 Security Council resolutions, against the United States, against the entire world. And spare us all of the "we proposed a billion peace treaties" because in not a single one of them did you ever suggest to give back Gaza Strip, West Bank and East Jerusalem as was assigned in resolution 181 in 1947. There will be no such thing as peace in the middle-east if you don't give the Palestinians what they are entitled to. This is the truth, whether your expansionist wealthy population likes it or not. Unless you propose to deal with this adequately, we will never recognize the state of Israel as legitimate. Perhaps under your unjust and careless world it is, but not in ours.

PS: Delegate of Syria, the actual Syrian government would never allow such a preposterous thing to happen.

See you soon,
Delegation of Iran

View user profile

23 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 28th 2009, 23:14

The Israeli's crystal ball may not be able to see the future, but it can see the past. Such as in 2005, when Israel withdrew from the Gaza Strip. Or in 1987, when the Palestinian people launched an intifada followed by the second, which included suicide bombings. Wake up, delegates, saying that "not a single one of them did you ever suggest to give back Gaza Strip, West Bank and East Jerusalem as was assigned in resolution 181 in 1947." What does the Iranian delegate think withdrawing is?

A president is "an officer appointed or elected to preside over an organized body of persons," as said in Dictionary.com, and the leader represents (action or speech on behalf of a person, group, business house, state, or the like by an agent, deputy, or representative) it's people. A leader wouldn't have his positions without the support of his country. Israeli Prime Ministers talk with the position of it's country, not of it's selfish wants. 55% of Israelis support talks with Hamas at the hopes of a truce betwen Hamas and the Fatah. 51% of Israelis support a continuing cease-fire with Hamas

It seems as thought the delegates of Iran and Syria need a little background on the history. First of all, the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict is NOT a genocide. Simply the want of land between two competetors. In 1917, the overseer of the Middle East, Britain, favored the creation of a Jewish homeland on both sides of the Jordan River in the Balfour Declaration, and all that land was originally reserved for the Jewish state. But, in 1922, the Palestinian State, Transjordan, was created, taking away about 75% of the original Jewish land.
And although the delegations may not want to hear it, it seems that the delegates need a reminding. In 2000, the Camp David Accords took place, and Israeli Prime Minister, Ehud Barak, went beyond his 'hatred' for Palestine. Israel offered 97% of territories to Palestinians, military control of eastern Jerusalem, and allowing Palestinian refugees to return to their Israeli relatives and giving compensation to those who couldnt return. Delegates, the representive from Palestine, Arafat, WALKED AWAY. No other offers, just the intifada. Israelhassuggested giving up it's land, and it has been turned down by PALESTINE. 52% of Israelis support this plan today.

Recognizing Israel as a legitimate state is the ONLY way that a resonable solution can be discovered on BOTH sides. It's called a compromise, and Israel has already shown it's great efforts in delaing with this crisis. But Israel cannot do it alone, and it requires the help of ALL Middle East countries to fix this problem. For if Israel makes Palestine independent, Israel must also be independent as a legitimate state. Hopefully that is something the Iranian delegate can agree to.

View user profile

24 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 29th 2009, 20:12

israel_andrea wrote:The Israeli's crystal ball may not be able to see the future, but it can see the past. Such as in 2005, when Israel withdrew from the Gaza Strip. Or in 1987, when the Palestinian people launched an intifada followed by the second, which included suicide bombings. Wake up, delegates, saying that "not a single one of them did you ever suggest to give back Gaza Strip, West Bank and East Jerusalem as was assigned in resolution 181 in 1947." What does the Iranian delegate think withdrawing is?

A president is "an officer appointed or elected to preside over an organized body of persons," as said in Dictionary.com, and the leader represents (action or speech on behalf of a person, group, business house, state, or the like by an agent, deputy, or representative) it's people. A leader wouldn't have his positions without the support of his country. Israeli Prime Ministers talk with the position of it's country, not of it's selfish wants. 55% of Israelis support talks with Hamas at the hopes of a truce betwen Hamas and the Fatah. 51% of Israelis support a continuing cease-fire with Hamas

It seems as thought the delegates of Iran and Syria need a little background on the history. First of all, the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict is NOT a genocide. Simply the want of land between two competetors. In 1917, the overseer of the Middle East, Britain, favored the creation of a Jewish homeland on both sides of the Jordan River in the Balfour Declaration, and all that land was originally reserved for the Jewish state. But, in 1922, the Palestinian State, Transjordan, was created, taking away about 75% of the original Jewish land.
And although the delegations may not want to hear it, it seems that the delegates need a reminding. In 2000, the Camp David Accords took place, and Israeli Prime Minister, Ehud Barak, went beyond his 'hatred' for Palestine. Israel offered 97% of territories to Palestinians, military control of eastern Jerusalem, and allowing Palestinian refugees to return to their Israeli relatives and giving compensation to those who couldnt return. Delegates, the representive from Palestine, Arafat, WALKED AWAY. No other offers, just the intifada. Israelhassuggested giving up it's land, and it has been turned down by PALESTINE. 52% of Israelis support this plan today.

Recognizing Israel as a legitimate state is the ONLY way that a resonable solution can be discovered on BOTH sides. It's called a compromise, and Israel has already shown it's great efforts in delaing with this crisis. But Israel cannot do it alone, and it requires the help of ALL Middle East countries to fix this problem. For if Israel makes Palestine independent, Israel must also be independent as a legitimate state. Hopefully that is something the Iranian delegate can agree to.


Dear delegate, the delegate of Syria never stated that the Israeli-Palestine conflict is a genocide, so please check before you post things you somehow think you saw. I think that a peaceful approach should be made by Israel in regards to this issue, since they started it first of all.

View user profile

25 Re: Golan Heights dispute on October 29th 2009, 20:13

Iran wrote:
israel_andrea wrote: "That each individual state has the primary responsibility to protect its populations from genocide, war crimes, crimes against humanity and ethnic cleansing. And it is also a responsibility for prevention of these crimes.

Thank you, new delegate of Israel. Thank you for pointing out the very core of Iran's, I will merely sum up to this word, dislike for your country. For more than sixty years the Palestinians have had to endure a genocide that was forcefully called upon them, for no apparent reason, by the Israeli government. You speak so repetitively about the misinterpreted "wipe off the map" quote by our always so graceful president Ahmadinejad, so I will reveal some sayings by former Israeli prime ministers and members of cabinet about the Palestinian people:

"[The Palestinians] are beasts walking on two legs."
Former Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin

"(The Palestinians) would be crushed like grasshoppers ... heads smashed against the boulders and walls."
Former Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir

"Everybody has to move, run and grab as many (Palestinian) hilltops as they can to enlarge the (Jewish) settlements because everything we take now will stay ours...Everything we don't grab will go to them."
Israeli Foreign Minister Ariel Sharon

Does that sound offensive to you? Imagine to the Palestinians...

Regardless, now that we have settled that, I would just like you to know one thing: responsability to protect is not based on assumptions. Please, please, tell me how you actually know that Syria would be planning to strike an attack against your country. Again, if you have a crystal ball, please do not hesitate in lending it to the Iranian government, maybe this way we can rest assured that Israel is not planning in attacking our country anytime soon. Judging by your comments, actually, Iran, along with the entirety of the international community, would be the one to use this principle as an argument for invading Israel since you have practiced war crimes in the latest Gaza Strip incursion (ACCORDING TO A REPORT BY THE UNITED NATIONS) and you have been disregarding every international principle out there in dealing with the Palestinians. Your government has neglected the right to self-determination of the Palestinian people since you don't recognize the Palestinian state. Not only don't you recognize, but you also occuppy these denominated Palestinian territories ilegally, against the United Nations, against 70 Security Council resolutions, against the United States, against the entire world. And spare us all of the "we proposed a billion peace treaties" because in not a single one of them did you ever suggest to give back Gaza Strip, West Bank and East Jerusalem as was assigned in resolution 181 in 1947. There will be no such thing as peace in the middle-east if you don't give the Palestinians what they are entitled to. This is the truth, whether your expansionist wealthy population likes it or not. Unless you propose to deal with this adequately, we will never recognize the state of Israel as legitimate. Perhaps under your unjust and careless world it is, but not in ours.

PS: Delegate of Syria, the actual Syrian government would never allow such a preposterous thing to happen.

See you soon,
Delegation of Iran

What preposterous thing are you relating to, delegate?

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum