SalMUN 2009
Welcome to SalMUN 2009 Forum!
First time on the forum? please read the instructions!
In order to post, please login =)
If you already saw this message, you may cancel it.
SalMUN 2009

This forum is a lobbying place for MUN delegates to get prepared for the actual SalMUN 2009 Conference in Bahia!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome to the Security Council!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Welcome to the Security Council! on September 1st 2009, 20:09

Should I start my greetings with a "Khosh aamadid!" used by the very Ahmadinejad to welcome Iran's supreme leader Khamenei during his reelection celebration, or kick off with a "Oso oseyo!" a reception Kim Young doesn't mention quite often? Either way, as President of the Security Council, I salute you, delegate, that has taken on the challenge of pushing yourself a little further from the barriers of the predictable and the safe. To represent a country in such a heated and demanding committee means more than researching and debating, it revolves around a single aspect I fondly call "caring." These global conflicts and international disputes are real, and perhaps this is the most obvious reason why they appeal to our humanitarian senses so persistently, and in such an undeniable manner. If we are to question "how come?" then we would have to go back to the very principles of which the United Nations was, and continues to be, based upon: compassion, consideration, and concern.

I invite you to step up, to take responsability, to become aware, -- of what exactly is something we will find out as the "Security Council rollercoaster ride" begins (and what an adventure it will be!). A heads up to the African disarrays, the concept of protection and the nuclear bombings that might come along the way! As of now, don't worry... lean back, but with eyes on the "research," and prepare yourself to possibly one of the most demanding, but nevertheless exciting, adventures you'll face as a high school student!

Best of luck,
Maria Gabriela Pereira (Bibi)

“We may have different religions, different languages, different colored skin, but we all belong to one human race.” Kofi Annan

View user profile

2 Re: Welcome to the Security Council! on September 24th 2009, 09:16

Hello, fellow delegates!
As the delegate of the United States of America, I hope that we can all provide the Security Council some heated debates and enlightening solutions to the world's problems.
Best of luck to you all...
And God Bless America.

View user profile

3 Re: Welcome to the Security Council! on September 26th 2009, 11:44

Annoyong Haseyo delegates!!
Like the delegate of the U.S, the delegate of South Korea is also enthused about this year's resolutions and debates,
good luck!

View user profile

4 welcome hello on September 26th 2009, 12:58

Hello delegates, as the delegate for Israel, I am assured that this year's security council will bring some interesting resolutions!

View user profile

5 Hello! on September 26th 2009, 16:09

I am Paulo Carvalho and I will be representing the delegation of North korea in the Security Council. Hopes for an exciting debate...

View user profile

6 Re: Welcome to the Security Council! on September 27th 2009, 20:07

Heya Delegates, just hope we have exciting and engaging debates, and may the best solutions to our world problems be chosen! afro

View user profile

7 Re: Welcome to the Security Council! on September 29th 2009, 11:26

felloow delegates,

My name is Rodrigo Oliveira and I will be representing South africa in SALMUN 2009, I hope to have an interesting debate with the best solutions for the world's issues. Good luck to everyone

View user profile

8 Russia on October 1st 2009, 11:17

Well,

Welcome to everybody, to security council. I hope this year brings good debates to us all, now that we are in security council, I can say that I expect good debates. We are here for good reasons, noby enters SC for no reason... we have been chosen to represent these countries, and to represent them well. I came to SC for this reason, and I hope you guys make this a difficult MUN for me, for it it was to be easy, then it would not be an 'Honor' to be in SC

Thank You and Good Luck to all (If it depends on me, you will need it)
Jaap Blom

View user profile

9 Comments on October 1st 2009, 11:36

If Anyboy has any questions, or comments I'm here...

even if you are against me i will help you,
by helping you i am helping myself, for
the better you do , the better i CAN do...
thank you all for being in SC...

and remember,

"There is always somebody stronger, taller or even better then you,
but is he smarter as well?"

View user profile

10 ~? on October 15th 2009, 21:09

Bibi,

When will the "Questions of" be posted on the forum?

View user profile

11 Re: Welcome to the Security Council! on October 15th 2009, 21:23

Paulo, I am very much sorry for such delay in answering your question. Please check the "List of possible topics" section, everyone posted theirs (Pakistan created a new topic just to explain his) except for USA, France, Egypt and South Africa, which are as follows:

USA: You had two right? One you wanted to merge with South Korea about the NPT and North Korea's nuclear weapons program and the other was (I have such a bad memory...) something about the small arms trade in Africa with China and Russia? Please correct me if I am wrong. You never gave me a hard copy of your question of.

France: Responsability to Protect (Juracy! You haven't posted yet and you never come find me so we can talk about your resolution topic! Please do so!)

Egypt: Trialing Israel for war crimes for the latest 2008-2009 Gaza Strip incursion (Victorinha, same as above! Please come talk to me!)

South Africa: Measures to ensure security and stability in Northern Uganda and Eastern DR Congo by prosecuting Joseph Koni.

For China, UK, Iran, Venezuela and Somalia, I don't have their topics yet. But don't stress over this, they should be writing resolutions on the ideas I have listed on the "List of Possible Topics."

View user profile

12 ... on October 15th 2009, 21:30

The question of I would like to observe is from Russia, which is basically my only ally in this debate...

View user profile

13 Re: Welcome to the Security Council! on October 15th 2009, 21:43

Russia's topic is: "Establishing an international protocol for missile defense systems..." (I am sure Jaap would gladly explain his topic to you!)

View user profile

14 Re: Welcome to the Security Council! on October 16th 2009, 11:15

hey paulo, after some minor changes of the topic, i dont know if this topic will
still help you, but im sure it gives everybody a free-be to be able to speak
against the united states, in other words, you can help us, and give your
opinion... since everybody knows that the US sticks their nose in places they
should not.

Establishing a protocol for missle defense systems In Europe, without USA influence...

View user profile

15 Agreed on October 19th 2009, 20:45

Delegate,

Yes, my nation would favor such resolution as it would diminish USA's detrimental effect over the international community and ensure protection to the innocents...

View user profile

16 Re: Welcome to the Security Council! on October 20th 2009, 10:03

TOPIC MOVED!!!

Last edited by RussiaSC_Jaap on October 20th 2009, 20:21; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

17 Re: Welcome to the Security Council! on October 20th 2009, 20:19

Let us resume this discussion in the appropriate forum for this topic, so that we don't end up flooding topics with useless information (such as this post).

View user profile

18 Re: Welcome to the Security Council! on November 4th 2009, 19:59

Welcome all delegates, it is an honour for my humble person to be graced with the opportunity to be present in such a well esteemeed sanctuary of debating and knowledge full of the most honourable delegates and diplomats.
Enough of the archaic english. Delegates, it is a pleasure for the UK to be present in yet another SC meeting. It is the UK's desire that that we all have a fruitful debate and we can reach essential compromises regarding some of the issues that will be debated. Issues such as Sudan and North Korea are long overdue in the SC and this might present itself as a valuable opportunity for us to finally tackle these problems. Remember, ladies and gentlemen, our goal is to provide international peace, security and stability and not veto vital resolutions regarding some african countries solely because of the fact that we sell weapons to them, правильно Россия и Китай?

Thank you and fare thee well
Her Majesty's Humble Servant,
The U.K Delegate

View user profile

19 Re: Welcome to the Security Council! on November 5th 2009, 09:06

UK,

Russia would like to see you post on its(in SC, Missle Shield/ABM) topic, for you speak of peace, and so Russia hopes you may become interested in its ABM project. I would like to hear UK's opinion on the plan, and what it would like to hear. What interests UK in Russia's proposal, and what does not(not like Russias Atitude would change anything for UK) but still, nice to know what everybody wants.

View user profile

20 Re: Welcome to the Security Council! on November 13th 2009, 05:20

Hey! Got here late, sorry. Allah made it so.

My name is Rheno Formiga, I'll be representing Iran today. I hope you have a nice Security Council, emergency exits are located to the left.

Lame jokes aside, looking forward to working with you guys. : D

View user profile

21 Re: Welcome to the Security Council! on November 17th 2009, 08:40

Russia Hopes that Iran, will once again find itself in a neutral position with Russia, for
various debates in this SC will depend on the support of brother nations... *Hint Hint*

View user profile

22 Re: Welcome to the Security Council! on November 17th 2009, 17:16

Just to warn you guys, I won't be showing up for the first day of the conference as i have my final Portuguese exam on the same day, i will be arriving in salvador tomorrow at night so... this is just a small anouncement, just for you guys not to worry, hehhe

see ya on thursday

View user profile

23 Re: Welcome to the Security Council! on November 19th 2009, 17:09

Baiarde, ur not welcome, you ruined my Resolution... huahuauhahua
thanks for the awsome debate, although the outcome for My delegation
was not the one i expected nor wanted, it was the topic for a good
discussion, so thanks anyways...

afro

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: