SalMUN 2009
Welcome to SalMUN 2009 Forum!
First time on the forum? please read the instructions!
In order to post, please login =)
If you already saw this message, you may cancel it.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SalMUN 2009
Welcome to SalMUN 2009 Forum!
First time on the forum? please read the instructions!
In order to post, please login =)
If you already saw this message, you may cancel it.
SalMUN 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SalMUN 2009

This forum is a lobbying place for MUN delegates to get prepared for the actual SalMUN 2009 Conference in Bahia!

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to understand them?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How to understand them? Empty How to understand them? September 29th 2009, 19:09

PresidentSC_Bibi

PresidentSC_Bibi

Hello there delegates from the African committee!
I would just like to cue in and mention a site called www.invisiblechildren.com which contains a whole lot of information about the dilemas involving child soldiers and civil wars in Northern Uganda and Eastern DR Congo. Additionally, I have recently acquired a short documentary (30 minutes long) from this organization called "Blue is for Roseline" and I would be willing to lend it for any of you delegates! The movie is mainly about an HIV victim torn between hope for a better future and a crushing movement led by the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda.

Here is a link to the trailer:
http://www.invisiblechildren.com/media/videos/detail.php?id=1210291290

It helped me a whole lot in understanding these abstract ideas of poverty, hunger and, most importantly, AIDS, which are issues that seem so far away from our reach that we don't know how to approach them.

I will be available every wednesday after school as part of the peer tutoring program! Come see me if you have any doubts on your resolutions and questions of, I can get you tuned in the controversal issues in Zimbabwe and Sudan, the piracy deal in Somalia and the everlasting civil wars.

Sincerely yours,
SC chair

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum