SalMUN 2009
Welcome to SalMUN 2009 Forum!
First time on the forum? please read the instructions!
In order to post, please login =)
If you already saw this message, you may cancel it.
SalMUN 2009

This forum is a lobbying place for MUN delegates to get prepared for the actual SalMUN 2009 Conference in Bahia!

You are not connected. Please login or register

North Korea's nuclear threat!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

51 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 18th 2009, 19:12

Delegations of Japan, Pakistan, and Venezuela,

No country can honestly say that they will support us 100% before they have seen our resolution. It could go either way for ANY country. The decisions will come when the North Korean Delegation releases it's official written resolution. North Korea does hope to gain support from both Venezuela, and Pakistan, but also from countries such as Iran, Afghanistan, China, and possibly Russia. North Korea is aware and will take into consideration that all of your votes could go either way based on what is or is not included in North Korea's resolution.

Also, North Korea has a problem with what Japan stated earlier;
"The point is I don't think that it's the right way to defend yourself with nuclear weapons against other nuclear weapons, because it will make a lot of damage. For me the right way are agreements."
The only way that North Korea can defend itself from Nuclear Weapons is by creating something just as powerful as Nuclear Weapons. North Korea decided to build Nuclear Weapons.

Another point, the other Japanese Delegation member stated;
"US is part of the Security Council,"
North Korea would like to inform Japan that at this time, North Korea is also in the Security Council.

Lastly, the official statement has been released by the North Korean Delegation that it's Nuclear Weapons Program and the Weapons that are created from it, are solely for self defense. Countries can deny this claim to be true, but they won't get very far with their denial.

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

View user profile

52 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 18th 2009, 19:22

Delegate of Venezuela, even though the delgate of South Korea understands that Noth Korea is sorrounded by non-aligned nations it's government is still disrespecting the UN Charter by producing nuclear weapons, but now with North Korea accepting to start the six-party talks again nuclear weapons will eventually be unecessary considering NK's desire to be in peace with other nations.
Delegate of South Korea

View user profile

53 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 18th 2009, 19:34

The delegate of South Korea would like to clear some things out about what its resolution is going to propose and some ideas we are thinking (and maybe answering some questions you posted in the forum):

- This is a WAY that SK is creating so that NK end its nuclear program, with an agreement that both sides win with this

- We are going to base our resolution in the Agreed Framework on October 21, 1994, between United States and North Korea that proposes freeze (in our resolution close) North Korea to divest its nuclear program so that in return US would give them could get the graphite-moderated reactors replaced by light water power plants, U.S.A. and D.P.R.K (and South Korea) would try to normalize political and economic relations and work together to strengthen the International Nuclear Non-Proliferation administration and annual shipments of oil (Clinton Administration)

- The president of my country already offered to increase 1000 US dollars per capita if North Korea closed their nuclear weapon facilities, which would help to normalize their economic situation and trading would com back to normal between North and South Korea

- The DMZ was placed in the border because MY country asked for help from the United States and when there is no more threats and the situation is peaceful and secure they will be removed

- We are planning in finding ways to help North Korea after the nuclear facilities are closed (opened for more ideas)

- - the sanctions applied in North Korea were imposed by the United Nation since North Korea officially stated that it has no intentions of stopping it’s Nuclear Weapons Program and as the delegate of Japan said “since weapons are used in war or battles, it is against the world's peace, which is the true purpose of the United Nations. The UN has been created to create what we call the world peace, to raise technologically retarded countries and to help countries develop.”

- The reason why it exist the conflict between the communist north and the democratic south is because the Korean War ended with no peaceful agreement, which we might add to our resolution

- We also are thinking about the 10 thousand refugees that my country took as there citizens that came from North Korea and MY people that are in your country and can’t pass the border line, or participates in re reunions to families get together again that South Korea created and the United Nations supports

- And the US and South Korea offered FULL security to North Korea

View user profile

54 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 18th 2009, 19:59

South Korea_Alana wrote:

- - the sanctions applied in North Korea were imposed by the United Nation since North Korea officially stated that it has no intentions of stopping it’s Nuclear Weapons Program and as the delegate of Japan said “since weapons are used in war or battles, it is against the world's peace, which is the true purpose of the United Nations. The UN has been created to create what we call the world peace, to raise technologically retarded countries and to help countries develop.”

The delegate of Japan is completely in favor of this last point.

The delegate of Japan really strongly believes that the nuclear weapons are not going to be used only for defensive systems. Michael form Japan also stated that to defend a country against nuclear weapons, having nuclear weapons is not necessary. This is why the army of Japan prepared itself against any attacks and positioned anti-missiles char around the coast. Those anti-missiles system are 0% nuclear, and they are working perfectly and able to stop nuclear missiles.

This means that North Korea doesn't need any nuclear weapons EXCEPT if North Korea is getting ready to shoot a country like mine. Very Happy

PS: i restate the evident that proves that Japan got these anti-missiles char .here

View user profile

55 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 18th 2009, 23:27

The Delegate of North Korea has posted:
Considering above posts that have misjudged my nation as "unstable" or "a threat"; all of the tests being conducted around my country are for my people's safety and maitainig from the USA's and South Korea's portent which has already devastated my countries economy and are now the increasing agressor in this conflict maintaining one of the largest arsenals in the world at the DMZ.]
I would just like to remind that it is strictly IMMORAL to threaten any and every country through the possession of Nuclear Weapons even IF it is to establish security.

Keep up the good work delegates!

View user profile

56 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 18th 2009, 23:40

Oh, and in relation to the South Korean delegates post:
- the sanctions applied in North Korea were imposed by the United Nation since North Korea officially stated that it has no intentions of stopping it’s Nuclear Weapons Program
the delegates should be aware that North Korea has agreed upon resuming the Six-Party talks, so it can't be judged yet whether it has intentions of stopping its program or not. Also, the delegates should keep in mind that the key to convincing North Korea to terminate its Nuclear Program is by offering what it mainly needs, in order words, negotiating diplomatically. An idea of providing North Korea one million tons of fuel, increased foreign aid, a removal of economic sanctions and a rehabilitation of its international reputation has been brought up, and this has enticed North Korea to move into deproliferation.
Keep that in mind, delegates, negotiations are the source for change. Take Libya for instance, it broke diplomatic relations with the USA in 1981 due to its possession of Nuclear Weapons and its possible link with terrorism. However, Libya proved to be the example of how deproliferation can be a success: around 1999 Libya gave up its nuclear arsenal and re-established diplomatic relations with the USA.
Thank you

View user profile

57 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 19th 2009, 10:16

Delegations and Chairs,

The North Korean Delegation has no response to the of the above topics at t5his time seeing as though the topics are not one sided North Korea would rather sit back and watch people debate about the country of North Korea when they don't know its facts.

However, The North Korean Delegation wants to make it clear that the U.S. and South Korea have not once protected North Korea, and North Korea will be very hesitant and will unliekly agree to any resolutions dealing with assistance to North Korea or it's people. North Korea's support has always come from China and Russia.

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

View user profile

58 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 19th 2009, 13:14

(...) rather sit back and watch people debate about the country of North Korea when they don't know its facts.
can the delegate please specify how is it that the delegates and chairs do not know the facts in relation to North Korea? . . .

Thank you

View user profile

59 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 19th 2009, 13:24

Chair Paula,

The North Korean Delegation did not state other countries did not have the facts in relation to North Korea. North Korea simply stated that other countires do not have the facts ABOUT North Korea. Other Delegations and Chairs even, have previously stated what North Korea WANTS and what North Korea NEEDS. It is hard for the North Korean Delegation to believe that other countries and their Delegations know and understand as much about North Korea as the North Korean Delegation does. That is the single point North Korea was stating.

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

View user profile

60 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 19th 2009, 13:28

Still delegate, keep in mind that what you said is out of order and will be considered a warning during the discussion. The delegate has no right to accuse the other delegations of not knowing ABOUT North Korea. It is not within your position to judge, since as the Chair posted previously saying that North Korea could be open to discussion and to change if the right things are proposed. And believe me delegate, I have to do as twice as much research than you if my position is to help you out.

View user profile

61 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 19th 2009, 13:37

Chair Paula,

Thank you for reminding the North Korean Delelgation, however, the North Korean Delegation believes that the forum should beopen to discussion and debate. North Korea beleives that free speech should be practiced on the forum up to and only limiting profanity or sexual content.

Anyway, back to the original topic. North Korea is curious to know if Pakistan and Venezuela would currently and at this point in time, based on the view of their countries and Delegations, sign a treaty that states all countries rights to research and develop Nuclear Weapons and Nuclear Weapons Programs. There is a good chance that this idea of a treaty will be included or written about in our resolution.

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

View user profile

62 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 19th 2009, 15:00

North Korea WANTS and what North Korea NEEDS
The delegate of Japan is as against this last sentence as the delegate can be. North Korea DOES NOT NEED any nuclear weapons as Japan does not need neither until North Korea is willing to start a new war, as a stated many times before. Japan is still using these chars anti-missiles which are perfectly working since Japan is scared of letting his own population die.
The delgate of Japan is sure that the delegate of Korea perfectly knows that nuclear weapons are created using special industries polluting a lot the country and the world (including release of CO2, which is making the global warming). North Korea, since the separation has been done between North and South Korea, has gone a little out of the norms of a peaceful and shareful country. As the delegate of South Korea stated, people living in the south have no access to their famillies in the North. Delegate of North Korea, this do you think this is normal for a coutry, to have this kind of rules? However, the delegate of Japan is affected by this issue, but is much more concern about the Nuclear Weapon Production, since Japan can be hardly affected in case of war.

View user profile

63 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 19th 2009, 16:09

NorthKorea_Tyler wrote:

Also, North Korea has a problem with what Japan stated earlier;
"The point is I don't think that it's the right way to defend yourself with nuclear weapons against other nuclear weapons, because it will make a lot of damage. For me the right way are agreements."
The only way that North Korea can defend itself from Nuclear Weapons is by creating something just as powerful as Nuclear Weapons. North Korea decided to build Nuclear Weapons.

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson
Delegate Tyler, the delegate of Japan understands what the delegate of North Korea wants to say, but the delegate thinks if North Korea for example have a war agreement with Russia, which states they will both fight side by side; if North Korea is attacked, no other nation would dare to attack North Korea, right ?

View user profile

64 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 19th 2009, 17:15

South Korea_Marina wrote:Delegate of Venezuela, even though the delgate of South Korea understands that Noth Korea is sorrounded by non-aligned nations it's government is still disrespecting the UN Charter by producing nuclear weapons, but now with North Korea accepting to start the six-party talks again nuclear weapons will eventually be unecessary considering NK's desire to be in peace with other nations.
Delegate of South Korea

Delegate,
NK giving up its nuclear weapons won't promote peace through NK and the Western
Asian nation’s aligned with the US. Even though the Western Asian nation are,
indeed, worried about NK nuclear weapon, the reason why NK started nuclear
weapon program was to protects itself and the government, taking away the weapons
won't take away the desire of the US and its Western Asian allies too try to
establish democracy in NK.

View user profile

65 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 19th 2009, 17:41

Venezuela_Vanessa wrote:
Delegate,
NK giving up its nuclear weapons won't promote peace through NK and the Western
Asian nation’s aligned with the US. Even though the Western Asian nation are,
indeed, worried about NK nuclear weapon, the reason why NK started nuclear
weapon program was to protects itself and the government
, taking away the weapons
won't take away the desire of the US and its Western Asian allies too try to
establish democracy in NK.

Delegate of Venezuela

Could you send to the delegation of Japan any proofs concerning the fact that North Korea is going to use some of the deadliest weapons peacefully?

If any delegate is able to show any proofs telling that North Korea swears that North Korea is going to use these nuclear weapons in a peaceful, defensive way; then most of the country would already have lost their arguments against the nuclear program and it would be only a question of pollution and global warming.
Very Happy

View user profile

66 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 19th 2009, 18:18

Delegate of NK,
Debate is highly stimulated in the forum, as long as delegates are respectful and "follow order". Congratulations for all of your posts, however try to manage some hostilities.

SG

View user profile

67 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 19th 2009, 20:38

[As the delegate of South Korea stated, people living in the south have no access to their famillies in the North. Delegate of North Korea, this do you think this is normal for a coutry, to have this kind of rules?]

Delegate of Japan,
No, it is not normal for a country to be divided and have restrictions on family members being able to see one another. But you have to consider the facts, South Korea has in no way tried to act on merging of the parties, they are allies with imperialist who have tried to delay are mission as a state, to create a liberation movement. The spies of their allies have infiltrated into our country, with their intentions as being to stop our democratic revolution for the workers. We created the workers party of Korea to make new life for the people.
South Korea,continues to suffer. For them to be along the correct track, and or families to begin to be able to reunify once again needs to be liberated. We, unlike the South have taken high measures in achieving a People's Republic. Our main goals are to protect our state from the imperialist states from whom we have resisted and maintained our self reliance.

Delegate of North Korea,
Catie Nagel

View user profile

68 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 19th 2009, 21:19

Delegate Cattie

So if the delegate of Japan understood, North Korea is not allowing many things to all other countries because North Korean government and most of North Korea People desire to keep the same government and is rejecting all people because North Korea fears spies who come and get information about the government to try to turn it into the US government; is this right?

thank you delegate of North Korea, this is all i wanted to know about this reason why North Korea is doing this, sure North Korean background is enough tough to act that way. Very Happy

View user profile

69 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 20th 2009, 13:13

Delegates, Chairs, and all other kinds of managment involved in MUN,

I have heard enough about how my Delegation is not being respectful. I would like to point out, the same thing is going on everywhere else. I have gotten the point by now, there is no reason why even one more post should be sent about the North Korean Delegation being respectful. If you want me to be respectful, maybe you should put yourselves in my shoes, teach me how to actually DO MUN, and think of it in a realistic way. Isn't that the goal of this MUN? To create an MUN Debate as real as possible? Well i hate to say it, but if I cannot act disrespectful, then I cannot fulfill this goal being North Korea. North Korea's role is to be a bunch of jerks, I'm sorry I cannot help that..

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

View user profile

70 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 20th 2009, 17:29

japan_prosper wrote:
Delegate of Venezuela

Could you send to the delegation of Japan any proofs concerning the fact that North Korea is going to use some of the deadliest weapons peacefully?

Delegate of
Japan, what the Delegate of Venezuela will state now, was already being said,
but it seems like the delegate lacks attention so... Venezuela never said
North Korea nuclear weapons are peaceful, and that's why Venezuela is
against North Korea's nuclear weapons
. However, North Korea is not
democratic and North Korea doesn’t want to be democratic, but JAPAN, US, SOUTH
KOREA and some other nations couldn't respect another type of government and
started creating unnecessary tension between the countries. If there were
someone to blame for the CREATION of the nuclear weapons
are the countries who first threatened North Korea's government, not North
Korea.

View user profile

71 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 20th 2009, 17:46

Delegate of Venezuela,

The reason why South Korea is pressuring North Korea government is not so they can become a democracy, but so they can take a steep forward, meet with South Koreans government and try to FINALLY do a peace agreement after the KOREAN WAR, that was the war that divided Korea after the Japanese invasion.

Delegate of South Korea

View user profile

72 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 20th 2009, 21:05

Delegate of NK,
I don't mean to sound bossy, but as the Secretary General of this MUN it is indeed in my powers to say if you are being disrespectful or not. Your attitude during this last post, for example, has been extremely aggressive and unecessary. Even though we want to be as similar as possible to the UN, we don't have to loose control and say that "NK are a bunch of jerks". By posting, I am teaching you how to do MUN, and this is the only reason I post! If you think that peace can only be reached with aggression, then indeed you have a wrong view about the UN and MUN. Representing Nk does not mean you have to be hostile and "shout at everyone", it means you have to do twice as much research and learn how to manipulate the facts. I don't want to read any other comment in this or in other forum pages where delegates are confronting chairs or the SG. WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially the new students. Your previous comments in the forum were not EXCESSIVELY aggressive, but since you are a new comer, we, chairs, are giving you "tips" on what you can or cannot do in this conference.

Please continue with your posts about the resolutions and topics, but keep the above in mind. No need to respond to this.

Thanks

SG

View user profile

73 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 20th 2009, 21:21

japan_prosper wrote:This is why the army of Japan prepared itself against any attacks and positioned anti-missiles char around the coast. Those anti-missiles system are 0% nuclear, and they are working perfectly and able to stop nuclear missiles.

This means that North Korea doesn't need any nuclear weapons EXCEPT if North Korea is getting ready to shoot a country like mine.

PS: i restate the evident that proves that Japan got these anti-missiles char .here

Delegate of Japan,

The delegate of Pakistan has heard many times on the forum that Japan is “scared” of North Korea and their nuclear weapon programs. The delegate of Pakistan read over the entire site given by the delegate of Japan. First of all, NOT ONCE does it say in this site that North Korea will AIM for Japan. It simply says that there will be a nuclear MISSILE TESTING on April 4 and April 8 2009. The delegate of Pakistan then found another site:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/13/north-korea-japan-nuclear-missile

This site is about the exact same missile testing launch that would happen on April 4 and April 8 2009. It states that the nuclear missile TESTING missiles would fall into the Sea of Japan – about 75 miles (120km) from Japan's north-west coast – and the Pacific Ocean. That is a very SAFE distance from Japan. Also, this is definitely NOT an attack from NK on Japan as the delegate of Japan stated that “Japan repaired itself for any ATTACKS.”

So delegate of Japan, how is NK threatening the safety of Japan and its people at all? They are simply testing missiles that will land in safe range in the sea. The delegate of Pakistan also recalls delegates of Japan saying the nuclear power is not a way for peace. The delegate Prosper asked “Could you send to the delegation of Japan any proofs concerning the fact that North Korea is going to use some of the deadliest weapons peacefully?” Well delegate of Japan, I, The delegate of Pakistan ask, when did North Korea ever use nuclear weapons to damage or act of violation of safety to any other country?

Thank you,
Kristain
Pakistan

View user profile

74 Observe on October 20th 2009, 21:38

As representer of North Korea in the Security Council I intend to straighten some facts that have beguiled debate:

1. Delegate of South Korea you are greaty mistaken if you consider that we have not yet met to define our future. Actually in the year of 2000 our leaders met for the first time in a conference since 1948! The actions takken by your president, though completely useless, awarded him the Nobel peace price! My nation has, also, for long now, longed to meet with the president of USA which is the real instigator of this conflict but he seems to be unable to cope, blaming us for "sponsorship of terrorism"; which can't even follow as our nation is basically "quaranteened" from the world around!
  2. The delegate of Venezuela has brought up an interesting point: We were not responsible for the current conflict. During the 1950's we had one of the world's fastest growing economies which dimished with the constant threat of USA and his "puppet" SK! By 1991 with the end of the "Cold War" our economy collapsed as USA defeated our ally and trade partner. In this moment of fragilization, where remnants of McCartheism was evident in USA's manipulated allies, there was no choice other than to engage in a program of self defense that resoluted in today's nuclear program...
  3. The delegation of Pakistan has made evident thorugh his argument that our nation does not in any way threatened others with our past tests as they merely served as a routine assesment of our balistic program aimed at developing our nations safety and preservation of nation sovereighty which have been severely threatened recently with the advances of the US's troops into the DMZ and regions of SK.

In the past our nation has only been met with anger and deprivation being blamed for events in which our position would not even allow participation for these reasons the delegation of North Korea expects an open minded internation community that is able to act out of the US's "shield of influence" in pro of a better world.
_________________________________________________________________________________

PS: Refering to past events takken place here. Lets please stop with the "ad hominem" for they do not contribute with the debate...

View user profile

75 Re: North Korea's nuclear threat! on October 21st 2009, 16:00

pakistan_kris wrote:
So delegate of Japan, how is NK threatening the safety of Japan and its people at all? They are simply testing missiles that will land in safe range in the sea. The delegate of Pakistan also recalls delegates of Japan saying the nuclear power is not a way for peace. The delegate Prosper asked “Could you send to the delegation of Japan any proofs concerning the fact that North Korea is going to use some of the deadliest weapons peacefully?” Well delegate of Japan, I, The delegate of Pakistan ask, when did North Korea ever use nuclear weapons to damage or act of violation of safety to any other country?

Delegate of Pakistan

As you should be aware of, throwing a nuclear bomb right into the sea si going to kill many living beings that could be used to feed the overpopulation in Japan, as other nations. Now japan is sure that no bomb will have effects on Japan's territory.
The delegate of Japan also fear that the sea is going to bring all dead fishes with all the radiations of the exploded nuclear bomb, and Japan will not accept this.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum