SalMUN 2009
Welcome to SalMUN 2009 Forum!
First time on the forum? please read the instructions!
In order to post, please login =)
If you already saw this message, you may cancel it.
SalMUN 2009

This forum is a lobbying place for MUN delegates to get prepared for the actual SalMUN 2009 Conference in Bahia!


You are not connected. Please login or register

Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 11th 2009, 12:08

DELEGATION OF BRAZIL: The delegation of Brazil may have interpreted the articles it used for research wrong. Brazil is currently developing a nuclear program with the help of France, and last month Brazil bought three submarines for nuclear program reseach. Brazil doesn't only have a nuclear program, but its also not against Venezuela's.
Brazil and Venezuela are very, very, veeeery active trading partners, and Brazil has shown its concern with Venezuela's energy system who is about to crack down. Delegates, we are all here to represent a country, so please defends Lula's ideas, and Lula's ideas only.

View user profile

52 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 11th 2009, 15:15

If the delegate of Venezuela would even care to read the UK's posts it might find tha tit has considerably misinterpreted most of it has said.

The threat to which the UK refers is not the threat of nuclear weapons, as was made extremely clear in the UK's last post, but the threat of going to war.

And the UK's fear that Venezuela is very close to declaring war is not based on the arms deal between Venezuela and Russia, as was made extremely clear in the UK's last post, but rather because of the BBC article that the UK posted and the delegate of Venezuela obviously didn't check, that Chavez called upon his armies to mobilize to the frontier with Colombia. Pictures have been taken, and the delegate of Venezuela may very well search for them, that corroborates what the UK has said by showing Venezuelan tanks and guns being pointed at Colombia. The arms deal is irrelevant when we start talking about the mobilization of troops.

Next time the delegate reads on of the UK's posts, do not skim or speed read it through as your understanding of it will be seriously impaired.

View user profile

53 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 11th 2009, 18:50

The delegate of UK called Hugo Chavez a dictator, therefor the delegate of Venezuela couldn't care less UK's opinion. The delegate of Venezuela recommends the delegate of UK to take back his words and apologize.

The delegate of Venezuela is aware of last Sunday where Hugo Chavez send troops to the borders. Why? US and Colombia signed a pact giving US more power in the military bases r. . We all know US tried to oust Hugo Chavez once, we all know US help Colombia invade Ecuador, so what is Venezuela suppose to do? Wait to be invaded?

View user profile

54 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 11th 2009, 20:02

The delegate of the United Kingdom stated that "UK's fear that Venezuela is very close to declaring war is not based on the arms deal between Venezuela and Russia, as was made extremely clear in the UK's last post, but rather because of the BBC article that the UK posted and the delegate of Venezuela obviously didn't check, that Chavez called upon his armies to mobilize to the frontier with Colombia."

The United States of America shares this fear with the United Kingdom. You, Venezuela, have an arms deal with Russia. We, the United States, have a deal with Colombia. The deal the United States made with Colombia was meant so that the United States could interfere more directly in Colombia's situation and try to increase safety in Colombia, especially fighting the FARC and aiding in the cocaine issue. However, Chavez's deal with Russia was made, as he several times stated, to protect himself against an enemy that doesn't exist.

The delegate of the United States right now is FED UP with Chavez's excuses for trying to show his power and demonstrate that he has a strong military and can fight the United States. The idea of a ruler, esteemed delegate, is that he can aid his people and try to solve problems within the nations. No doubt, Chavez has a minister of foreign affairs. It does not bother the delegate of the United States that Chavez is trying to protect his nation; rather, it bothers me that Chavez pays no attention to his people and has done NOTHING to improve the quality of living in Venezuela! If anything, he worsened conditions in Venezuela by decreasing the maximum work hours and increasing the minimum age to vote! Now we are in the presence of a nation with people that hardly work and live in poverty! We are in the presence of a nation that has 80% of its export revenue only from oil! Oil ends. What will Chavez's brilliant solution be then?

NO DOUBT, HE WILL FIND A WAY TO BLAME IT ON THE UNITED STATES.

View user profile

55 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 11th 2009, 20:17

Furthermore, delegate, you commented on the United States's activities. So, a few counter-arguments:

1) The United States sent nuclear weapons to Israel, yes. But Israel did not threaten to "blow another country off the map" OR call another nation the "Great Satan."

2) The invasion of Iraq was, first and foremost, the mistake of a previous administration. However, it achieved a very simple, but of utmost importance, goal: removing Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq. The United States now sees a bright future for Iraq: we will, without further ado, remove our troops in Iraq (by 2011, there will be NO American soldiers in Iraq) so that the Iraqi people can decide for themselves upon their system of government. However, we WILL provide Iraq with financial aid so that the country can rebuild itself.

3) Amazing, now, is that I AGREE with you. Venezuela's energy/economy is declining. And the United States sees that. However, the delegate of the United States will NOT have a nation that is on the brink of war, about to declare war, possessing nuclear energy, which could be turned into nuclear weapons in an underground manner, without proof that Venezuela can be trusted and that you will comply fully with IAEA inspections and the such.

4) Delegate, please watch your manners. You just insulted the esteemed president of an "honest-to-goodness" nation. The United Nations and the United States will NOT tolerate insults such as "ignorant and proud less" (I believe you meant prideless, which is about the same thing as shameful). Please, watch what you say about other nations. It is for these types of actions that wars are started. This is a United Nations conference, not some informal reunion.

5) I NEVER said I would try to end your arms deal with Russia. Please read what I post before just blatantly answering.

6) The delegate recurrently refers to the invasion of Ecuador. What would Venezuela have Colombia do, NOTHING? While the FARC, a TERRORIST group, keeps on raping, torturing, extorting, bombing, planting landmines, plane hijacking, kidnapping, murdering, and robbing? The actions in Ecuador, while they were not of the best nature, were actions AGAINST a terrorist group. They were efficient and in some way necessary. Very much unlike Venezuela's current actions to defend itself from imaginary enemies.

View user profile

56 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 11th 2009, 20:41

Venezuela_Vanessa wrote:
The delegate of Venezuela is aware of last Sunday where Hugo Chavez send troops to the borders. Why? US and Colombia signed a pact giving US more power in the military bases r. . We all know US tried to oust Hugo Chavez once, we all know US help Colombia invade Ecuador, so what is Venezuela suppose to do? Wait to be invaded?

Delegate, Venezuela has already spoke about it arm deals with Russia more than once. Pleeeeeeeease stop asking the same question and stating the same things over and over again!

View user profile

57 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 11th 2009, 20:51

YES, DELEGATE. AND I HAVE ALREADY HEARD THIS ANSWER.

However, what the delegate wants to know is, WHEN did the United States OR Colombia say "Let's attack Venezuela!" Until now, the only one that proposes "defense" or "attack" is Chavez.

View user profile

58 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 11th 2009, 20:52

Now, delegate of Venezuela, please be so kind as to answer the rest of my questions and respond against the arguments I presented in my last two posts. The United States is eager to know what Venezuela has to say about that.

View user profile

59 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 11th 2009, 21:06

1) Oh, so it’s okay to have nuclear
weapons and violate the NPT? Well, Venezuela disagrees with the delegate of the
US.

2) Since the beginning the US knew that invading Iraq was wrong, immoral and
illegal and they still killed million people. Apologizing won't bring back the
death of all Iraqi’s and won't re unit the family that were destroyed.

3) Venezuela's GDP can support nuclear weapons ... and besides, who started the
tension between Colombia, Venezuela and Ecuador was the US.

4) "Chavez pays no attention to his people and has done NOTHING to improve
the quality of living in Venezuela" is not a complement delegate, and its
not a truth too. Uribe must not have realized US is sucking all its potential,
but luckily other countries did and learned how to survived. Of course when
Batista was replaced by Fidel Castro, Cuba's economy was ruined, but look at
Cuba now - and if it wasn't from the immoral American embargo the whole world,
even US' allies, go against Cuba would be a lot better. It’s better to be
Cuba's Cuba, Venezuela's Venezuela than US' Colombia.

5) "intends to end the arms deal between Venezuela and Russia" post
41

6) Ecuadorian citizens were killed, Colombia bombed a nation!, was condemned by
the Grupo de Río. It’s not okay to disrespect someone else’s sovereignty! And
besides FARC is a revolutionary group, not a terrorist group.

View user profile

60 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 11th 2009, 21:33

1) No, it is not okay. But the thing is, Israel hasn't signed the NPT.

2)As I said, it was the mistake of a previous administration. But we WILL aid in the rebuilding of Iraq. The delegate of the United States visualizes a brighter future for Iraqi citizens. We rid them of an oppressor.

3) Venezuela's GDP can support nuclear weapons. This is exactly the same line of thought Chavez abides by. Yes, you may create nuclear weapons. Now, your people will suffer MORE. You will have spent millions, if not billions, of dollars, on technology, instead of maybe public health care systems and economic reforms, which is what Venezuela needs right now.

4)What you posted, delegate, makes NO sense gramatically, so the delegate is actually confused by your post. However, I will say this: The United States is sucking Colombia's potential? Since when? The United States has, since the implementation of Plan Colombia in 1998, aided Colombia greatly. Even though Plan Colombia is imperfect and deserves a great deal of revision, we are not hindering Colombia.

5)Yes, the delegate did say that, my mistake - however, it does not mean we will simply single-handedly end an arms deal; we will try to do so with the aid of the United Nations.

6)Did Che Guevara, or Simon Bolívar (probably the two greatest revolutionaries of all times) rape, extort, hijack, kidnap, murder ruthlessly, plant landmines (not counting those for war) or kill innocent civilians? How dare you call the FARC a REVOLUTIONARY group when they have brought about actions that would make some terrorists jealous? The FARC's name in itself is ridiculous - Fuerzas Armadas REVOLUCIONARIAS de Colombia, when they are now a multi-national terrorist group!

View user profile

61 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 11th 2009, 23:33

1) I wasn't talking about Israel, the delegate of Venezuela was talking about the US.

2) Stop saying and do something and maybe Venezuela will believe you.

3) Venezuela's GDP can't. Those are few of the reason why Venezuela doesn't wan't nuclear weapons.

4) Since the Monroe Doctrine. - Post this in the topic regarding Colombia's resolution -.-'

5) Stop saying and do something and maybe Venezuela will believe you. [2]

6) Che Guevara was a brilliant man, a wonderful spirt who fought against the US intervention in SA because Che put LA well being first than his own. But than bloody Americans came and killed Che Guevara ... because thats what US does when it has a problem, it kills somebody. Like Japan in WW2, Iraq, Ecuador, and the FARC. And so was Simon Bolivar, who, by the way, was a Venezuelan.

Compare everything US did, the number of people US killed and the number of people FARC killed. Compare the reason US gave - or should I say lies - with FARC's reason. And then tell me who is who.

Anyways the topic in discuss is Venezuela's Nuclear Program. Post this in the topic regarding Colombia's resolution [2]

View user profile

62 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 12th 2009, 09:29

Responding on the first topic,

Russia laughs, laughs at all of you... No one will be able to say that this trade is not for peaceful purposes...
as seen in SC, Russia is trying to better the worlds protection, and Russia will do so... Trading Nuclear energy has no side affects, as long as Venezuella is comitted to using this energy in peaceful purposes, there will be no proof against them... basically, no nation will be able to refuse this trade based on prosumtions, Russia finds this a terrible waste of time, and also finds this very offencive... Try rethinking what has been said, the shame on this resolution will be imbarable, as it is crushed by the Russian delegation.

View user profile

63 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 12th 2009, 10:54

I expect to be called in to the Americas Caucus during this debate, for the delegation of Russia had to have a chance to defend itself, and has to have a chance to help Venezuella, During this Resolutions, please remind the delegate of Venezuella to call in the Russia delegation, so that i may dominate this topic...!!!

View user profile

64 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 12th 2009, 11:17

The Russian delegate is simply changing the topic, it is talking about its own purposes. Basically Hugo Chavez is NOT TO BE TRUSTED, there is nothing that will allow the nations security once Venezuela has aquired a source of Nuclear Energy. For example, if Chavez was to further develope the war it declared against Colombia and it were to have Nuclear Energy, who would be able to assure that the Energy would not be used to develop nuclear weapons? For Venezuela, how are you going to prove to the world that this nuclear energy is going to be used only for peaceful purposes? The trust from Hugo Chavez has been lost, and for this reason, this agreement about nuclear energy should not continue, for the safety of all nations

View user profile

65 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 12th 2009, 11:26

The Russian delegate apolagizes for slightly changing the topic, although the delegate of comlombia has made a good point, this has nothing to do with the actual trade of the energy, the whole point of the trade of energy is for better use of energy, as the delegate probably knows nuclear energy is more efficient. Before i get off topic again, let us talk about the trade... the trade of the nuclear energy will be peaceful purpose trad eonly, so, once the 'energy is given' whatever happens to the energy after that is venezuela's problem. the trade of energy can also not be called an arms trade agreement, for their is no purpose of the creation of nuclear weapons inthis deal. so there are no arms involved... Hugo Chavez, although a tyrant to some, he might be a hero to others, Opinions apart, he can not be the reason that this energy trade is banned, as a matter of fact, there is no reason that it should. This energy is a way to better the world, and to make life more efficient. and the safety of all nations will not be harmed because of the fac that there are no weapons produced...

Venezuela, We got your back, make sure you dont let us down either...

View user profile

66 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 12th 2009, 11:36

Of course it can be said that the nuclear energy program is only for energy alternatives, but there are other energy alternatives such as: solar power, wind power, geothermal energy, tidal and ocean thermal energy and biomes energy, all energy sources without nuclear activity! If the purposes are peaceful, why not use these alternatives stated instead?

View user profile

67 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 12th 2009, 22:39

Once the delegate of Colombia find a miraculous way to transport these types of
energies and not waste millions of dollars in the process, then Russia will think
on your proposal, and yet another thing, maybe Colombia might have a lack of
research, but do you know everything that Nuclear energy does? Basically, there
is no comparison, and there is no reason for Russia to have to sell any other type
of energy, for the Russian delegation found this 'trade' a very good one, and feels
that Nations such as Colombia have no reason to mettle with these trades, for as
stated before, the trade is for peaceful energy sources, and not for a start of
nuclear weapons construction...

View user profile

68 Let it Be on November 13th 2009, 22:42

The delegate of North Korea feels saddened by the delegation of Colombia's proposal for Venezuela to abandon their pursue for nuclear energy in exchange of some arbitrary alternative! Delegate, these other forms of energy production serve merely as a frontage being, not at all, efficient... Take the solar power for instance: we receive, after atenuation from the atmosphere, 100 watts of solar power per squared meter. Delegates, this is enough to merely light two lamps! Imagine a country!

Taking in account that Nuclear Power is the most cost-effective enviromentaly friendly energy producer, the state of North Korea will support Venezuela on the topic.

View user profile

69 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 15th 2009, 15:51

Delegate of Russia and North Korea I feel the necessity of commentng and repeating what the delegate of USA Lucas stated, that VEnezuela is about to start a war against Colombia. President Hugo Chavez has ordered Venezuela'S military group to to be prepared for a possible armed conflict with Colombia. A few days ago Chavez sent over 15,000 troops to the border and even had the courage of balming the tension on the US claiming that the military bases in Colombia represents a threat to the region estability when in fact the purpose of the bases are to end the drug trafficking. Delegates Chavez said, "Let's not waste a day on our main aim: to prepare for war and to help the people prepare for war". How are we supposed to let Venezuela trade arms of about 2.2 billion dollars with Russia when a World War 3 is about to take place?

View user profile

70 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 16th 2009, 09:12

USA_MANA wrote:Delegate of Russia and North Korea I feel the necessity of commentng and repeating what the delegate of USA Lucas stated, that VEnezuela is about to start a war against Colombia. President Hugo Chavez has ordered Venezuela'S military group to to be prepared for a possible armed conflict with Colombia. A few days ago Chavez sent over 15,000 troops to the border and even had the courage of balming the tension on the US claiming that the military bases in Colombia represents a threat to the region estability when in fact the purpose of the bases are to end the drug trafficking. Delegates Chavez said, "Let's not waste a day on our main aim: to prepare for war and to help the people prepare for war". How are we supposed to let Venezuela trade arms of about 2.2 billion dollars with Russia when a World War 3 is about to take place?

Re-read what you said USA... the military group has to be prepared... for a POSSIBLE conflict... this means that it is getting prepared to react, not to act... as long as the match is not lit, then there will be no problem.. all of these preperations are for reactions, basically, they are trying to secure the nation, and make sure that their defense is up and working.

The Russian delegate would like to apologize for its ignorance and lack of atention in Spelling Venezuela with two Ls, Russia asks for forgiveness and states that it will not happen again.

View user profile

71 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 16th 2009, 09:15

The delegate of Russia asks that the Americas Agenda be made to help this topic, please Chair, Russia would apreciate the agenda if this topic were to fall in the first day, for the Russian delegate will only be able to leave Security Council on the first day, taking into acount that I will have to work against Baiarde on the second day of Caucus...

View user profile

72 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 16th 2009, 19:13

The delegate of Russia wrote:
"Re-read what you said USA... the military group has to be prepared... for a POSSIBLE conflict... this means that it is getting prepared to react, not to act... "
This possible conflict is just an excuse to fight dear russian delegate. Is it so hard to see that? There is no one else to blame this tension between the three nations (US, Venezuela and Colombia) but Hugo Chavez. His reasoning is poorish and makes no sense. It is risking other country security's because of rivalry between Venezuela and the US that should have already been solved a long time ago. Hugo hates Bush and continues to hate the US in which his only purpose is to destroy the US estability and power even if it means to pass over other countries not as strong as the US that has no part in its actions suffering because of Chavez's obsession.

View user profile

73 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 17th 2009, 08:33

Delegate of the USA,

Maybe you have not realized, but Bush is not the president anymore, The USA has changed dramatically...

Basically, the USA is not fond if inumerous countries, and we do not attempt to eradicate their nuclear program, why should it have the right to do so to others? If it depends on Russia, this resolution will not pass, their is no reason yet agian, other then USA ignorance, that supports the arguement of this eradication. USA tries to control all nations' forms of power, and will find itself in a wonderful debate during cacus beacause of the USA actions...

View user profile

74 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 17th 2009, 20:52

USA_MANA wrote:The delegate of Russia wrote:
"Re-read what you said USA... the military group has to be prepared... for a POSSIBLE conflict... this means that it is getting prepared to react, not to act... "
This possible conflict is just an excuse to fight dear russian delegate. Is it so hard to see that? There is no one else to blame this tension between the three nations (US, Venezuela and Colombia) but Hugo Chavez. His reasoning is poorish and makes no sense. It is risking other country security's because of rivalry between Venezuela and the US that should have already been solved a long time ago. Hugo hates Bush and continues to hate the US in which his only purpose is to destroy the US estability and power even if it means to pass over other countries not as strong as the US that has no part in its actions suffering because of Chavez's obsession.

The only reason why there is a tension between Venezuela, Ecuador vs Colombia is because Colombia bombed Ecuador, and Colombian paramilitaries shot 2 Venezuelans nation guard dead. Despite Hilary Clinton and Alvaro Uribe participation in ousting Manuel Zelaya. And of course, the pack between US and Colombia that gives full military power to US to protect the stability of SA by fighthing terroisim, drug traficking and anti-US government - mainly meaning Venezuela, Ecuador, Bolivia, Cuba. So don't blame Venezuela, Venezuela is protecting itself from US' Colombia.

And, Chavez has no hate relationship with the US government. For the delegation of Venezuela, The delegate of US is making a cheap Hollywood film from a serious political issue. Bush commited human right abuses while in the head of the American government, now that Obama was elected US president Venezuela seeks good relationship with the US. Chavez is concerned about US intervention in Latin America, love/hate relationship are for pre-school, not for governments.

View user profile

75 Re: Venezuela's Nuclear Power Plan?? NEVER on November 17th 2009, 21:41

Delegate, there are three reasons for Colombia's invasion in Ecuador, but first yes it was wrong to invade Ecuador's sovereignity without even mentioning to the president of Ecuador what their reason was. But yet again,
1.) The FARC are the chief drug traffickers in a country which produces most of the world's cocaine
2.)Rebels wer given support by Ecuador and VBenezuela
3.)The rebels are the richest terrorrist group in Latin America with plans to build a radioactive bomb
Colombvia apologigez to Ecuador and indicated that will not send more troops to its border. The reason for this confusion started because the Colombians first bombed a rebel camp on their side of the border, but the rebels hid across the Ecuadorian border and fired them so they crossed the brer to fight back. Colombia should have mentioned and warned the president, yes, but it was fo a good reason, or many citizens would have suffered more if the rebels were not caught.

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum