SalMUN 2009
Welcome to SalMUN 2009 Forum!
First time on the forum? please read the instructions!
In order to post, please login =)
If you already saw this message, you may cancel it.
SalMUN 2009

This forum is a lobbying place for MUN delegates to get prepared for the actual SalMUN 2009 Conference in Bahia!

You are not connected. Please login or register

WELCOME ASIAN DELEGATES!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 WELCOME ASIAN DELEGATES! on August 31st 2009, 10:09

Fellow Delegates and Dear Colleagues,
Within the world’s vastness there are an unaccountable number of alarming issues, and with that, the determination of mankind towards their solvency. As you must be aware, this is why the United Nations was established – so that all nations could come forth, and together put ideals into actions. A Model United Nations delegate should, therefore, be tested on skills of logic, global awareness and strength of solvency. The Asian Caucus is an area where you will be able to explore these skills critically. This is where you will learn to look through a nation’s perspective and still set differences aside to agree upon the best resolution. It is enticing to know that the Asian Caucus is promising heated up debates due to the present events. We will be dealing with nuclear weapons, ethnic conflicts, territorial conflicts, terrorism and more! This is the opportunity to choose within a wide range of topics one that concerns you the most and that would emphasize the brilliance of your ideas. Choose between representing a world power, like China, or an exotic one, such as Sri Lanka. We assure that the Asian Caucus is most definitely a number one choice, where you will learn, interact, and receive our total support so that together we can run an intense and interesting discussion. We welcome you to the caucus that will fulfill you in every way, and make every second of the experience worth it!

Sincerely yours,
Paula Mascarenhas – Chair
Milla Goldenstein – Co-Chair

View user profile

2 Re: WELCOME ASIAN DELEGATES! on September 25th 2009, 11:31

Don't be afraid to ask us any questions and doubts over topics, positions and anything else, that's exactly why we are here!

View user profile

3 welcome on September 25th 2009, 18:36

Thank you Asian Chair Milla

My name is Prosper Cumps-ruelle, Oscar's brother, from 10th grade. I will participate during this MUN as the country of Japan with Rafael Rios Santos. I am glad to join the Asia Caucus. I hope the MUN of 2009 will be the best i ever did since I couldn't talk much last year because of my shyness.

Welcome to all other delegates of the Asian Caucus and good luck for everyone Exclamation

View user profile

4 pakistan on September 27th 2009, 18:20

Hello, I'm Kristian and I'm representing the country of Pakistan. I have done MUN for two years now including Mini MUN. I have only been in the Asian caucus so I am quite familiar with the common topics. I was a delegate of Japan last year which has a very different view and effect on the Asian caucus so being Pakistan will be interesting and I look forward to it.

View user profile

5 Re: WELCOME ASIAN DELEGATES! on September 29th 2009, 10:58

Hello Fellow Delegate,
My name is Alana Cavalcanti and I'm from 9th grade B. This is my frist MUN and I'm going to be repersenting the country of South Korea together with Marina Oliveira.

Wish all delegate good luck!

View user profile

6 Re: WELCOME ASIAN DELEGATES! on September 29th 2009, 19:25

Hello Asian Delegates,

My name is Marina Oliveira and this is my first MUN. Together with Alana I will be represeting South Korea and our resolution will be dealing with the current issue of North Korea's Nuclear Proliferation Program.

View user profile

7 hi everyone on September 30th 2009, 08:34

my name is rafael and im doing japan. i hope this mun is even better that last year. lets do our best. thank you prosper for introducing me.

Last edited by japan_rafael on October 4th 2009, 13:21; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

8 Myanmar on September 30th 2009, 08:48

Hi i am Leticia from 9b and i am Myanmar in this MUN. Smile

View user profile

9 Re: WELCOME ASIAN DELEGATES! on October 4th 2009, 23:22

Hello,
I am Michael from 10th grade and I will represent Japan with Prosper and Rafael.

View user profile

10 Re: WELCOME ASIAN DELEGATES! on October 5th 2009, 08:53

hello everyone

my name is Diego Hernandez and i will represent Pakistan this year and my topic is Kashmir conflict

View user profile

11 Re: WELCOME ASIAN DELEGATES! on October 5th 2009, 13:30

Hi everyone,
I am Gabriella F. from 9th grade, and I will be representing Australia this year. Our topic will be about the swine flu in Asia. =)
Good luck !

View user profile

12 Re: WELCOME ASIAN DELEGATES! on October 7th 2009, 21:12

Good evening Delegates,

My name is Tyler Simpson, I'm in 11th Grade and brand new to PASB. I will be representing North Korea as a Delegate in the Aisan Caucus. I have not previously been involved in an MUN General Assembly, however, I look forward to the process and hope to effectively learn new information about many diverse countries. My partner Delegate will be Catie Nagel, also in 11th Grade. She is new to this school as well despite the fact that her brother, Mr. Nagel, has shared his knowledge as a teacher for sometime here at PASB.

Glad to be aboard!

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

View user profile

13 Re: WELCOME ASIAN DELEGATES! on October 18th 2009, 13:17

Well delegates, I guess the welcoming meeting is over.

so remmember:

-the resolution rough draft is due on next friday (friday october 23rd)
-the final draft of the resolution is due on friday 30th october
-persuasive speech is due november 6th (first draft) and november 9th (final)

on friday november 13th, the final resolution are due and the 18th the conference is starting.

good luck everyone !!! Very Happy

PS: i personally think that it is important to include the schedule of the MUN since people like me often lose paper, but no need to thank me !

Last edited by japan_prosper on October 18th 2009, 22:33; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

14 Re: WELCOME ASIAN DELEGATES! on October 18th 2009, 18:56

Japanese Delegation,

The North Korean Delegation thanks Japan for this schedule reminder.

North Korea does have one question. When the rough draft of resolutions are due, are countries supposed to have allies and co-submitters listed on their resolutions, or are the co-submitters to be added to thye resolutions later on?

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

View user profile

15 Re: WELCOME ASIAN DELEGATES! on October 18th 2009, 20:56

NorthKorea_Tyler wrote:Japanese Delegation,

The North Korean Delegation thanks Japan for this schedule reminder.

North Korea does have one question. When the rough draft of resolutions are due, are countries supposed to have allies and co-submitters listed on their resolutions, or are the co-submitters to be added to thye resolutions later on?

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

The delegate of Japan is able to answer this question, so the delegate of Japan guess he can just go ahead.

The rough draft of your resolution is due next friday, friday 23rd october; The resolution should include (on the top left) your country, your partners, the name of the caucus and "the Question of", which is your topic. Later on, i think you will be able to include also the submitters and the co-submitters.

If you need any further help, you may find all the resolution on your grade driver at school, in the SALMUN or MUN folder. Also, you should have received a nice 44 pages MUN packet, which contains absolutely everything you will need.

good luck delegate Tyler Very Happy

View user profile

16 Re: WELCOME ASIAN DELEGATES! on October 19th 2009, 13:06

Delegation of Japan,

North Korea thanks your coutry and Delegation for this infomration. It will be useful in writing our resolution.

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

View user profile

17 Re: WELCOME ASIAN DELEGATES! on October 19th 2009, 15:27

The delegate of Japan would like to ask if there is any way to know how resolutions are chosen for the general assembly; since I really fear talking in front of the huge mass of people that will be present in the general assembly (and also, i fear my resolution goes to general assembly).

thank you

View user profile

18 Re: WELCOME ASIAN DELEGATES! on October 19th 2009, 23:09

Delegate of Japan, the General Assembly resolutions are in general the ones that have been passed in the caucuses, but depending on the importance of the issue, the resolution can go to the GA even if it didn't pass.

View user profile

19 -- on October 23rd 2009, 16:30

Hello delegates of the Asian caucus!

My name is Ricardo Fiore and along with my partner Valdeir we will represent the nation of Afghanistan. Just pointing out,we are from the american school of recife and we wish a very lively debate.

Thank you...

View user profile

20 Re: WELCOME ASIAN DELEGATES! on November 12th 2009, 09:16

Afghani Delegation,

Welcome to SALMUN!

See you soon!

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: