SalMUN 2009
Welcome to SalMUN 2009 Forum!
First time on the forum? please read the instructions!
In order to post, please login =)
If you already saw this message, you may cancel it.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SalMUN 2009
Welcome to SalMUN 2009 Forum!
First time on the forum? please read the instructions!
In order to post, please login =)
If you already saw this message, you may cancel it.
SalMUN 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SalMUN 2009

This forum is a lobbying place for MUN delegates to get prepared for the actual SalMUN 2009 Conference in Bahia!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Information Spain

+3
Russia_Maximino
spain_ana
spain_gaelle
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Information Spain Empty Information Spain October 14th 2009, 17:36

spain_gaelle

spain_gaelle

Hello fellow delegates,

Me and my partner, Ana, we have decided that we want to fight against terrorism (ETA) in Spain
Please answer me back

So here is some inforamtion about Immigration in Spain:

People from Spain want to enforce and protect Spain's border to prevent illegal immigration. Most of the immigrants come from Africa, and they dont just take Spain's culture they also take Spanish employment which leads to housing problems.

2Information Spain Empty Information Spain ( ETA) October 14th 2009, 17:48

spain_ana

spain_ana

As my partner Gaelle said we are glad to represent Spain with the question of Fighting against terrorims in the north-east of Spain. Here is some information
of why Eta was created and their goal:

* The terrorist group, Euskadi ta Askatasuna(ETA) was founded in 1968,
and launched a campaign to seperae the north-east of Spain to become an independent country. Since Spain doesn't want that, ETa is menacing Spain by bombing, and killing millions of innocent people.
so we would like to prevent terrorism and fight against it.

study

3Information Spain Empty Re: Information Spain October 14th 2009, 18:12

Russia_Maximino

Russia_Maximino

Russia suports spain in its fight against terrorism and would like to state some information helpfull for the delegates since i am familiar with this topic

-ETA members have a huge influence over the young population of the Basque Region, turning many of them into vandals.
-ETA has killed over 800 people and caused milions of Euros in damage to the spanish goverment over the years they were in activity
-The terrorist group also is a threat to the country of France, since their members use france as an escape route to run away from the Spanish police
-ETA has several times declared ceasefire although they never fufill it

4Information Spain Empty Re: Information Spain October 19th 2009, 00:23

italy_maria

Italy also supports Spain to fight against teorrism and we are aware that ETA is a threat for Spain's populationm specially for journalists that are suffering. Approximately 100 journalists require bodyguards and several have fled the Basque country after attacks.

5Information Spain Empty info October 19th 2009, 20:02

spain_ana

spain_ana

gaelle , did you know spain has another type or terrorism like GAL , that is antiterrorist group but it also kills people?

6Information Spain Empty Re: Information Spain October 21st 2009, 19:01

spain_gaelle

spain_gaelle

Yes, I did know that... I searched a little on that terrorist group too, but there is not much information about them... here are the most important facts I found during my research:

• This terrorist group was created because of ETA. They are ''helping'' to solve the ETA terrorist attacks by killing an incredible amount of ETA members. They should not be allowed to kill people when they donĀ“t even know if they were involved in any blood crimes.
  • This terrorist group did not reach its goal which was to put an end to ETA. They sort of gave up...
If any other delegate finds a good site or any important information about this terrorist group please tell us Information Spain Icon_exclaim

7Information Spain Empty info October 22nd 2009, 11:01

spain_ana

spain_ana

how you know they still dont get what they want? i mean they still working on it, and since i know is one of the possible solutions spain can do to combat ETA.

8Information Spain Empty info GAL - ETA October 22nd 2009, 11:02

spain_ana

spain_ana

Reports on the activities of the separatist movement in Spain. Historical background; Terroristic activities of the Basque Homeland and Freedom (ETA) organization; Dictatorship in Spain; Government officials' involvement in the operations of the Antiterrorist Liberation Groups (GAL); Accusations and counter-accusations among political parties.

this was n a newspaper

9Information Spain Empty Re: Information Spain October 22nd 2009, 15:35

Russia_Alexandre

Russia_Alexandre

Delegates,
ETA, the group, is proscribed as a terrorist organization by both the Spanish and French authorities as well as the European Union as a whole,and the United States. The Russian Federation has no connection at all with the ETA in Spain therefore, it's position is uncertain, but can go to different ssides depending on what the resoulution has turned it upon. If the Spain resolution, presents a harsh military intervention, which agravates tensions on Spain, The Russian federation will see things with different eyes, maybe similar to other previous anti-terrorist measurements, that Russias portrays as an excessive measurement of military act. At the other side Russia can be in favor of such rresolution.
Cy'a

10Information Spain Empty Re: Information Spain October 23rd 2009, 09:00

France_John

France_John

The country of France totally supports Spain on the fight against terrorism, specially the group ETA. France has been showing great efficiency with the fight of terrorism, majorly the ETA on the country of France and Spain. On 19 of August, 2009 the French police have found ETA hideout with materials to make bombs 40 kilometers from Spain’s border, which arrested 3 suspected Basque separatists. With the material collected it included: 4 revolvers, 42 detonators and 20 plastic casings used on bombs and a stolen van.

The ETA, which had been founded 50 years ago, have been suspected for the deaths of 828 people due to a violent campaign for independent Basque homeland in Northern Spain and Southwest France.

http://www.france24.com/en/20090819-arrests-police-eta-bomb-making-hideout-ETA-ferrieres-weapons-cache-corbier-villarambert (source)

11Information Spain Empty Re: Information Spain October 23rd 2009, 09:53

spain_gaelle

spain_gaelle

That is a very good point! We were already aware of that incident. The seperatist group of ETA has been wanting to gain its independance for a Basque state in northern Spain and southwestern France, it has exactly 3 provinces influenced in France and 4 provinces in Spain. This states that the terrorist group is not only acting in Spain but a lot in france also.

12Information Spain Empty Re: Information Spain October 25th 2009, 22:11

italy_maria

Many of ETA's victims are government officials. SPanish Government estimates that ETA killed about 800 people, had about 1,600 terroists attacks and that attacks by ETA cost the government $11 billion from 1994 to 2003.

13Information Spain Empty Re: Information Spain October 29th 2009, 09:10

Russia_Maximino

Russia_Maximino

I would like to know if spain is going to take any actions against the GAL which they have stated before? is the resolution going to fight tyhem also or only ETA?

14Information Spain Empty Re: Information Spain October 29th 2009, 21:15

spain_gaelle

spain_gaelle

The delegates are not going to take any actions against or for GAL, because the delegates have researched a lot about this anti-terrorist group but yet have not gathered enough information about it as to fight against them (or for them).

15Information Spain Empty Re: Information Spain November 3rd 2009, 08:02

Russia_Maximino

Russia_Maximino

ok but will spain only deal with ETA, or terrorism in general? are you taking any actions against terrorism world wide, because that would make many nations support the resolution.

16Information Spain Empty Re: Information Spain November 4th 2009, 21:00

spain_gaelle

spain_gaelle

The delegates will be involving other countries by asking for the other countriesĀ“ help to overcome the issue and to help other countries too if they have the same kind problems. And yes, our resolution is mainly on ETA (its causes and consequences on Spain).

17Information Spain Empty Re: Information Spain November 5th 2009, 08:53

Russia_Maximino

Russia_Maximino

what exact measures is spain taking against ETA?

18Information Spain Empty Re: Information Spain November 9th 2009, 10:09

Co-chairEurope_Carlos

Russian delegate, Spain is asking for a coherent solution for terrorism, emphasizing the creation of organizations and assemblies to solve the issue.

Thanks

19Information Spain Empty Re: Information Spain November 10th 2009, 08:51

spain_ana

spain_ana

spain_gaelle wrote:Hello fellow delegates,

Me and my partner, Ana, we have decided that we want to fight against terrorism (ETA) in Spain
Please answer me back

So here is some inforamtion about Immigration in Spain:

People from Spain want to enforce and protect Spain's border to prevent illegal immigration. Most of the immigrants come from Africa, and they dont just take Spain's culture they also take Spanish employment which leads to housing problems.

delegates this is a perfect website for you to understand the topic http://www.cfr.org/publication/9271/ Information Spain Icon_biggrin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum