SalMUN 2009
Welcome to SalMUN 2009 Forum!
First time on the forum? please read the instructions!
In order to post, please login =)
If you already saw this message, you may cancel it.
SalMUN 2009

This forum is a lobbying place for MUN delegates to get prepared for the actual SalMUN 2009 Conference in Bahia!


You are not connected. Please login or register

Economic Sanctions

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Economic Sanctions on October 15th 2009, 21:32

how can the U.S has be planning to increase their sanctions in Myanmar’s economy as a result of the “oppression” of Ang San Su Ki a peaceful NDL leader in Myanmar if such matter has already been resolved by means of the government of Myanmar and doesn’t make sense elucidate their motive with such lack of data

View user profile

2 Re: Economic Sanctions on October 15th 2009, 21:35

These sanctions make no sense Myanmar is already solving their problems, i think that canada, U.S.A, U.K, China are irelevant

View user profile

3 Re: Economic Sanctions on October 15th 2009, 21:38

Canada made a decision to impose sanctions in Myanmar regime to forbid all goods imported from Canada to Myanmar Crying or Very sad

View user profile

4 Re: Economic Sanctions on October 15th 2009, 21:42

the economic sanctions imposed by the US in Myanmar are stating to have a great impact on the country with no reason because Myanmar is already solving its issues.

View user profile

5 Re: Economic Sanctions on October 15th 2009, 21:46

Myanmar_Thaís wrote:These sanctions make no sense Myanmar is already solving their problems, i think that canada, U.S.A, U.K, China are irelevant

delegate, how can these countries be considered "irrelevant" if they are the ones that are imposing the sanctions?

View user profile

6 Re: Economic Sanctions on October 15th 2009, 22:48

Myanmar_Thaís wrote:These sanctions make no sense Myanmar is already solving their problems, i think that canada, U.S.A, U.K, China are irelevant

Delegate, you might take in consideration that China is the nation which is saving Burma's economy from the unilateral sanctions, and China helped to rebuilt Yagoon - Myanmar's econmic capital - after cyclone Nargis' devastation. The delegate should also be aware that the nationn of Canada, US, Uk aren't the only one imposing sanctions in Myanmar, but also Australia and the entire European Union.

View user profile

7 Re: Economic Sanctions on October 16th 2009, 15:33

The delegate is aware



Last edited by Myanmar_Thaís on October 16th 2009, 15:40; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

8 Re: Economic Sanctions on October 16th 2009, 15:37

Myanmar_Thaís wrote:Yes the delegate is aware that other countries other than U.S.A UK Canada and China are imposing sanctions. And yes china is imposing sanctions in Myanmar because eventhough it helps myanmar it doesnt agree with some aspecs of their government which have already been solved and thats why the reasoning for the sanctions are irelevant therefor my comment was completly relevant and correct based on research and reflection about this issue.

View user profile

9 Saddened on October 16th 2009, 18:39

The delegate of North Korea is saddened by USA's and its partners once again causing anguish to weak nations. It seems to the delegation of NK that either USA is too stubborn to undestand the consequences of sanctions or it ignores the havoc it causes to other nations! Over 15 nations have had sanctions imposed on, because of direct command of the USA; including Cuba, Iraq, Somalia, Afghanistan and even my own state!

For these reasons the delegation of North Korea would favor any resolution that efectively resolves the measures of sanctions over any other nation as this procedure has been proven inefective and atrocious.

View user profile

10 Re: Economic Sanctions on October 17th 2009, 12:00

Delegates,

As my colleague, (North Korean Security Council Member) Paulo has stated, North Korea would be interested in and favor many resolutions dealing with the destruction of sanctions imposed on by the U.S. North Korea has long since been agitated about the U.S. occupied sanction within North Korea's borders and has long since been wanting to rid itself of all foreign sanctions.

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

View user profile

11 Re: Economic Sanctions on October 18th 2009, 18:50

Delegates of Myanmar,

Although the North Korean Delegation would be in favor of a resolution concerning the destruction and elimination of sanctions, the North Korean Delegation would ask that the Delegation of Myanmar choose the words it posts very carefully.

Stating that China, the U.K., the U.S., and Canada are irrelevant is not something the North Korean Delegation likes to hear. Everyone has a point and a right to defend themselves.

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

View user profile

12 Re: Economic Sanctions on October 19th 2009, 12:51

The delegate of Myanmar would like to restate its coment. UK, USA, and Canada should erradicate their sanctions because the reason behind it is already beeing solved.



Last edited by Myanmar_leticiab on October 21st 2009, 09:50; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

13 Re: Economic Sanctions on October 19th 2009, 13:39

Myanmar Delegation,

This statement makes much more sense to North Korea. Thank you for the clarification!

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

View user profile

14 Re: Economic Sanctions on October 20th 2009, 17:33

DELEGATATION OF BURMA, CHINA DIDN'T IMPOSE SANCTIONS IN MYANMAR.

View user profile

15 Re: Economic Sanctions on October 20th 2009, 17:38

Delegates of Myammar,
The delegate of South Koreas isn't sure about the information given about China imposing sanctions in your country... USA, UK and Canada are the ONLY ONES imposing sanctions in yor country. Doesn't the delegates agree that these sanctions made your problem TODAY be close to an end?
Deleate of South Korea

View user profile

16 Re: Economic Sanctions on October 20th 2009, 21:50

Venezuela_Vanessa wrote:DELEGATATION OF BURMA, CHINA DIDN'T IMPOSE SANCTIONS IN MYANMAR.

delegate!! China didn't impose sanctions, that information is completely out of line, and false, China aids Myanmar, why would it impose sanctions in it?? look, sanctions make the country weaker economically, so if China is aiding Myanmar, it wont impose sanctions because then they would have to give up more aid, and the basic reason for the aid from China, is to help Myanmar continue being as a country, without worrying about a possible economic crisis. If China is aiding Myanmar, it is helping it, why would it try to hurt a country it is helping? and don't say its because they don't agree with the government, because every country is entitled to its own opinion, it doesn't mean that they can make it happen for their gain. Not agreeing with the system doesn't make China impose sanctions on a country they are helping!

View user profile

17 Not on October 21st 2009, 07:04

Delegate of South Korea the imposing of sanctions have never, before, been an effective way of ending with a crisis. Let's take Cuba as an example: Because of sanctions the dictatorial goverment has gained power and the population now lives with hate of the international community in a country whose technology approaches that of the twenty's! Sudan, another instance, the conflict continues with no change; Somalia was completely devastated and is now an anarchy with a population that struggles for survival. Even my own country has suffered from sanctions and because of them we are now having to invest in the military and nuclear aparatus more harshly!

For theses reaons, sanctions innefectiveness and not "reasons for imposal", is that the nation of North Korea is in favor of the removal of sanctions from this poor nation...

View user profile

18 Re: Economic Sanctions on October 21st 2009, 21:18

South Korea_Alana wrote:Delegates of Myammar,
The delegate of South Koreas isn't sure about the information given about China imposing sanctions in your country... USA, UK and Canada are the ONLY ONES imposing sanctions in yor country.
Deleate of South Korea

Delegates of the Asian caucus, wake up. CHINA DIDN'T IMPOSE SANCTION as the Delegate of Venezuela said before, and as the delegate of South Korea is repeating. - I don'y know why -

Anyways, USA, UK, CANADAS AREN'T THE ONLY ONES IMPOSING SANCTIONS. THE ENTIRE EUROPEAN UNION AND AUSTRALIA IMPOSED TOO.

Last MUN I, the delegatem wrote a resolution under Myanmar economic sanctions, so don't doubt my words when the Delegate of Venezuela says: UK, USA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA AND THE EUROPEAN UNION IMPOSED SANCTION IN MYANMAR AND CREATED SOME BORDER PROTECTING LAWS TO PREVENT ANY ECONOMIC RELATION WITH BURMA EVEN BY THIRD PARTY.

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE, WHOEVER READ THAT CHINA IMPOSED SANCTION IN MYANMAR, NEEDS GLASSES.

View user profile

19 Re: Economic Sanctions on October 22nd 2009, 14:00

Delegate of Venezuela I think maybe you are in the need for some glasses since the delegate of Myanmar already recognized its error and deleted China's name from the following post. We didnt feel the need to write all the countries that are imposing sanctions since there are many but again WE RECONGNIZE OUR MISTAKE CHINA IS NOT IMPOSING SANCTIONS.

View user profile

20 Both nations needs glasses... on October 22nd 2009, 18:13

Delegates,

As I have declared in my previous post it does not matter who is imposing sanctions or why! The case is that sanctions have demonstrated through repeated ocasions in history its complete inefectiveness in resolving any conflict, whatsoever. For this reason the delegation of North Korea is against sanctions and urges all nations to do the same.

View user profile

21 Re: Economic Sanctions on October 22nd 2009, 21:17

The delegation of Myanm totally agrees with North Korea and we would also like to add that

“sanctions are indiscriminate and of themselves a form of violence, they cannot legitimately be regarded as a tool to promote human rights and democracy” (Thein Sein)

View user profile

22 Re: Economic Sanctions on October 22nd 2009, 21:33

Thankfully, as the world progresses, nations throughout our world community notice the harm sanctions can have. Take Cuba, for instance, which seems to have stopped in time with so many old cars and ruined buildings, all due to the fact that sanctions have stopped the nation from prospering economically. Take Sudan, in a second instance, which finds hard barriers to solve the conflicts in Darfur due to such economic sanctions. As the North Korean delegate has stated, it does not matter who imposes sanctions, but the negative effects they will have in each and every citizen residing in such blocked nation. Even France, permanent Security Council member, has stated how abusive and unecessary sanctions are...

Possibly delegates, we are looking at a brighter future that finally awaits us. And its not far.

View user profile

23 Re: Economic Sanctions on October 22nd 2009, 21:37

Venezuelan delegate, instead of being rude and rather ironic, which is totally desnecessary besides not contributing to the prosperity of debates, you could post one or two resources which illustrates your point. Not to mention that the Myanmar delegates have explained it was a silly mistake which has already been corrected, thus showing your needless agressive speech.
try to be useful next time, rather than a stone in everyone's shoe. the delegations thank you.

View user profile

24 Re: Economic Sanctions on October 22nd 2009, 22:40

The delegate of Myanmar would like to demonstrate its apreciation towards the North Korean delegate for supporting such a harsh cause that is the imposition of sanctions. The delegate of Myanmar thinks that no country should be submitted to such precarious measures that do not lead to peace. Countries should recognize that until now the imposition of sanctions in Myanmar only gave them economic issues and that like the prime-minister of Myanmar, Thein Sei said: "Democracy cannot be imposed from the outside and a system suitable for Myanmar can only be born out of Myanmar society" by taking such measures these countries disrespected the sovereignti of Myanmar. There will be elections in 2010 in wich most of Myanmar problems will be solved, this could have been reached with other aproches that would have been more peaceful and pleasant economically.

View user profile

25 Re: Economic Sanctions on November 11th 2009, 14:31

do the delegates really believe that sanctions are a good way to push a country to commit a change?From the experiences we had and have with sanctions the delegate does not believe sanctions are a reasonable and effective way to change a country. Sanctions affect not only the economy of the country but its education, health, people and security. Also attacking another country’s sovereignty and imposing sanctions only leads to problems and not to solutions. So delegates countries have to find other ways to make a country change and sanctions should be prohibited.

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum