SalMUN 2009
Welcome to SalMUN 2009 Forum!
First time on the forum? please read the instructions!
In order to post, please login =)
If you already saw this message, you may cancel it.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SalMUN 2009
Welcome to SalMUN 2009 Forum!
First time on the forum? please read the instructions!
In order to post, please login =)
If you already saw this message, you may cancel it.
SalMUN 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SalMUN 2009

This forum is a lobbying place for MUN delegates to get prepared for the actual SalMUN 2009 Conference in Bahia!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome delegates of the UNHCR!

+4
USA_LuziaS
israel_andrea
Congo_Jasmine
ChairUNHCR_Luisa
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Welcome delegates of the UNHCR! Empty Welcome delegates of the UNHCR! September 1st 2009, 14:05

ChairUNHCR_Luisa

Hello delegates of the UN Refugee Agency,
This year you will be guided by Luisa Santos Pereira as your chair and Nabiyah Bashir as your co-chair. It is with great honor that we will be leading all of you in this conference and it is with great enthusiasm that we welcome all of you into this committee! We will always be available whenever help is needed, however, we highly encourage all of you to put great effort into researching your topics because, truth be told, you will the ones responsible for the success of our committee. Obviously, if there are any questions that cannot be answered through your research, do not hesitate before contacting any of us. The refugee issue requires thoughtful solutions and it is a truly intricate topic since it involves both immediate measures and at the same time measures that will have long-term and substantial effects on the lives of people who live in dire conditions. The three topics to be adressed in the UNHCR are: Palestinians' Right of Return, Internally Displaced Congolese and the Refugee Situation in Darfur.
We hope you are as excited as we are to be participating in this committee and we look forward to working with each and every one of you!
Best wishes,

Luisa Santos Pereira and Nabiyah Bashir

Last edited by ChairUNHCR_Luisa on October 1st 2009, 22:02; edited 1 time in total

2Welcome delegates of the UNHCR! Empty Introduction :) September 27th 2009, 15:27

Congo_Jasmine

Congo_Jasmine

Greetings to you, delegates of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, and honorable chair. The Democratic Republic of Congo will be represented by Jasmine Howard. It is certainly a challenge to be representing a nation facing overwhelming suffering from perhaps one of the world's largest issues regarding the violation of human rights. The delegate of Congo will be discussing the internally displaced in the nation; therefore, it is her mission to allow the people's voices to be heard. It is an honor to be part of such an admirable committee, and hopefully fruitful debate shall result in an effective resolution on this horrendous matter.

Last edited by Congo_Jasmine on October 2nd 2009, 16:10; edited 2 times in total

3Welcome delegates of the UNHCR! Empty welcome September 27th 2009, 17:29

israel_andrea

israel_andrea

The delegate of Israel welcomes everyone in this committee, and is excited to be a part of this new experience. As a major member of the Palestine refugee issue, the delegate of Israel will try to help the Palestians gain their own land while solving the refugee problem in Israel. Israel has already had peace with Egypt in the Camp David Accords, so the delegate of Israel trusts that our committee can reach peaceful results in all of our topics.

4Welcome delegates of the UNHCR! Empty Greetings! September 27th 2009, 17:59

USA_LuziaS

USA_LuziaS

Hello delegates!
The United States of America is more than honored to be a part of this comitee. The refugee's situation is something that has callen our nation's attention and more than ever,we engaged in this cause. In a world where globalization, cultural diversity, world wide connections and exchange of languages and lifestyles are dominant, nations have to come together to find solutions for those that, to escape terror, ahve to flee to other borders. It is not a question of choice, it is an escape. For this reason, the USA has founded the Refugee Council ( RCUSA) who, "provides advocacy on issues affecting the rights of refugees, asylum seekers, displaced persons, victims of trafficking, and victims of torture in the United States and across the world." The USA welcomes all delegates to acess the following website: http://www.rcusa.org/ and be familiar with the measures taken by our country.
The US delegation truly hopes that the debate held in our comitee is productive,
cohese and that by the end, solutions are found to amenize this devastating situation.

God bless America! God bless us all!

The Unites States of America

5Welcome delegates of the UNHCR! Empty Re: Welcome delegates of the UNHCR! September 27th 2009, 22:42

Chad_Taty

Chad_Taty

Hello delegates!
It’s an honor to participate in the first UNHCR at the Pan American School of Bahia. Chad wishes to bring out the issue of Darfur this year. The Janjawid armed militia, together with the Sudanese military has brought into Chad Darfur residents since 2003. Janjawid militias are attacking Chadians as well as Darfur refugees. Chad hopes to debate on this issue and help find a solution not only to this problem, but for all the others presented at the UNHCR.

6Welcome delegates of the UNHCR! Empty Hello October 1st 2009, 16:44

palestinianauthority_ana

palestinianauthority_ana

Fellow delegates,
I am Ana Nigro and I will be representing the Palestinian Authority in this committee.
The delegate is pleased with the creation of the new committee and hopes all delegations are as enthusiastic and supportive as Israel on the creation of the Palestinian state; quite predictably, the Palestinian Right of Return will be this delegate's focus. Hopefully, this strong and determined committee will bring the ongoing conflict closer to an end. Of course, the Darfur crisis is also a major concern.

Good luck to all.

7Welcome delegates of the UNHCR! Empty Re: Welcome delegates of the UNHCR! October 1st 2009, 21:11

Sudan_Julia

Hello delegates!

I am Julia from 9th grade and this is my first real MUN. It's an honor to participate in this new committee, specially since I've had no previous experiences. I will be representing the country of Sudan with the hope of through fruitful debates find a good solution for the Darfur refugees in Chad and at the same time try to find a lasting solution for the whole crisis. I am very nervous and anxious, but am sure to do my best and making this special committee the a success! Smile

8Welcome delegates of the UNHCR! Empty Re: Welcome delegates of the UNHCR! October 29th 2009, 17:35

IranUNHCR_DjalmaMelo

IranUNHCR_DjalmaMelo

Hello Delegates,

My name is Djalma Melo and I'm from Recife.This is my second year in MUN and my second SALMUN, I feel honored to be in the new committee, especially as Iran.I hope to we have long and productives debates. As asked by the Chairs, the Iranian delegation will write a resolution concerned to the Creation of an Palestinian.

علاء نگهدار ایران باد (Ala bless Iran)
The Islamic Republic of Iran

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum