SalMUN 2009
Welcome to SalMUN 2009 Forum!
First time on the forum? please read the instructions!
In order to post, please login =)
If you already saw this message, you may cancel it.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SalMUN 2009
Welcome to SalMUN 2009 Forum!
First time on the forum? please read the instructions!
In order to post, please login =)
If you already saw this message, you may cancel it.
SalMUN 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SalMUN 2009

This forum is a lobbying place for MUN delegates to get prepared for the actual SalMUN 2009 Conference in Bahia!

You are not connected. Please login or register

catching up!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1catching up! Empty catching up! October 14th 2009, 21:17

ChairAsia_Paula

Hello delegates! I'm sorry about my absence overall last week (for both the meeting and the forum posts), as you probably heard I was in the sports tournament. I'm sure, however, Milla did an excellent on keeping you informed of everything and providing you the necessary help.

Anyways, there are some things I would like to comment on.

Firstly, I will ask for each delegate to post their email address as a reply to this topic, since for several of you I have tried sending emails and I have received notifications of failed deliveries, so we would like to be sure of what your emails are so we can keep you posted. Please post it here as soon as possible.

Secondly, due to the holiday on tuesday, we missed our meeting, so Milla and I were wondering whether you would like to meet up afterschool tomorrow (thursday), not as an official meeting, but since we are getting close to MUN I believe you could use all help possible! Especially since Mr. Swanson has informed us that 9th graders have their preambulatory clauses due on Friday.

Thirdly, GUUUYS remember to keep up with your posts! They are an easy grade if you think about it, and I bet all of you have intelligent things to say about every issue! Remember that your resolution does not restrict you to one topic; you should be participating in other resolutions/topics as well. During the debates not only will you be granted points of information but also the opportunity to speak at the podium in favor or against someone else's resolution. Don't forget that the topics are available for EVERY delegate to debate on.

So that is it for now delegates!
Keep up the good work.
contact me anytime at: paulinhagm@hotmail.com

Thanks!

2catching up! Empty Re: catching up! October 14th 2009, 22:53

Co-ChairAsia_Milla

I would just like to add that I am so thankful for your cooperation last week attending the meeting without Paula, hardly any of the other caucuses had eveyone attending theirs so I'm really proud! Smile

But thankfuly Paula is back and everything is now going back to our normal speed. We would love to take a look at how far everyone has been going on their resolutions so keep us posted on if you want to talk to us or need our help besides the meetings.

Please, please, please POST! There are so many people who are doing great jobs with this and then there are people who have hardly posted anything. The forum is such a great tool for research on EVERYTHING you need for our caucus! Take advantage of this! Smile

Everything is working perfectly and I'm really excited for the Asian caucus this year! haha

Milla sunny

3catching up! Empty Re: catching up! October 14th 2009, 22:55

South Korea_Alana

South Korea_Alana

Here is my e-mail Paula: alanaafcavalcanti@hotmail.com and Milla already has it since she just sends me an e-mail. I replied telling the changes that the delegation of South Korea made with our question of. We would like to change from Closing all nuclear proliferation facilities in North Korea to Measures to insure the shutting down of North Korea’s nuclear facilities, is there any problem with this?

4catching up! Empty Re: catching up! October 14th 2009, 22:57

Co-ChairAsia_Milla

No problem at all for us Alana. It's still early and you haven't really changed the topic or the purpose of the resolution, you just wrote it differently. We will change it for this new one then! Wink

5catching up! Empty Re: catching up! October 15th 2009, 08:11

NorthKorea_Tyler

NorthKorea_Tyler

Chair Paula,

My email that the Aisan Caucus has is correct. I recived an email from you yesterday. However, if there are any doubts my email is; mustangzd@yahoo.com

The Delegates of North Korea would also like to add that Delegate Alana of South Korea has a few things to think about before creating a resolution about North Korea's Nuclear Program. North Korea was curious to know how South Korea plans to pass a bill, eliminating North Korea's Nuclear Weapons Program, while other countries still retain the ability to research and design Nuclear Weapons. If South Korea plans to take measures on eliminating North Korea's Nuclear Program, North Korea hopes for South Korea's sake that the Delegates of South Korea are intelligent enough to include other countries in the elimination resolution.

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

6catching up! Empty Re: catching up! October 15th 2009, 21:11

South Korea_Alana

South Korea_Alana

Delegate Tyler of North Korea,
The reason why my delegation is going to address North Korea’s Nuclear Program on its resolution is because South Korea is directly associated with the fact that North Korea has Nuclear Program that is capable of creating eight nuclear bombs. The underground nuclear tests that YOUR country realized on October of 2006 caused earthquakes in MY country with the scale of 4.5 and 5.3 which are one of the highest. How is that not a risk for my population? South Korea is also concerned with the development of nukes in other nations and we visa start this process by the country that directly affects and harms my country.

South Korean Delegate,
Alana Cavalcanti

7catching up! Empty Re: catching up! October 17th 2009, 00:21

Co-ChairAsia_Milla

I would just like to ask the delegates to be careful when posting because sometimes incovenient and unecessary comments are made in response to other delegates. Please be careful and judge what you write before you post. This is just a warning, I'm not making threats to anyone. I'm really impressed with the way our forum has been growing! Keep it up! Smile

Milla

8catching up! Empty Re: catching up! October 17th 2009, 11:54

NorthKorea_Tyler

NorthKorea_Tyler

South Korean Delegation,

One last comment about your countries resolution topic. Just remember that the reason we are creating and researching Nucler Weapons is mainly because of the threat of the country that South Korea is so conveniently harboring at the DMZ. North Korea wants all countries to understand that the research and creation of Nuclear Weapons is for the sole defense of North Korea's government and its people. Unfortunately, North Korea cannot control collateral damage such as earthquakes set off by our research programs. However, Japan is creating a resolution based on natural disasters such as tsunamis and earthquakes. Maybe South Korea could focus it's interests on assisting Japan in finding a better and safer building desgin to withstand such earthquakes.

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

9catching up! Empty Re: catching up! October 18th 2009, 20:47

japan_prosper

japan_prosper

I heard that Co-Chair Milla and Chair Paula wanted my MSN address, so here it is.

it is: Dragon-pcr@hotmail.fr

if anyone would like to contact me or anything, my email address is open to everybody.

thank you Very Happy

10catching up! Empty Re: catching up! October 18th 2009, 21:07

South Korea_Alana

South Korea_Alana

NorthKorea_Tyler wrote:South Korean Delegation,

One last comment about your countries resolution topic. Just remember that the reason we are creating and researching Nucler Weapons is mainly because of the threat of the country that South Korea is so conveniently harboring at the DMZ. North Korea wants all countries to understand that the research and creation of Nuclear Weapons is for the sole defense of North Korea's government and its people. Unfortunately, North Korea cannot control collateral damage such as earthquakes set off by our research programs. However, Japan is creating a resolution based on natural disasters such as tsunamis and earthquakes. Maybe South Korea could focus it's interests on assisting Japan in finding a better and safer building desgin to withstand such earthquakes.

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson
I answered all the doubts that the delegates made in the forum about my resolution in a repply in North Korea's nuclear threat! , please check it and if you have more questions I'll be glad to answer!

11catching up! Empty Re: catching up! October 19th 2009, 13:09

NorthKorea_Tyler

NorthKorea_Tyler

South Korean Delegation,

Thanks for this notice on further information.

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum