SalMUN 2009
Welcome to SalMUN 2009 Forum!
First time on the forum? please read the instructions!
In order to post, please login =)
If you already saw this message, you may cancel it.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SalMUN 2009
Welcome to SalMUN 2009 Forum!
First time on the forum? please read the instructions!
In order to post, please login =)
If you already saw this message, you may cancel it.
SalMUN 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SalMUN 2009

This forum is a lobbying place for MUN delegates to get prepared for the actual SalMUN 2009 Conference in Bahia!

You are not connected. Please login or register

TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK!

+4
Secretary General_ Bia
NorthKorea_Tyler
japan_prosper
Co-ChairAsia_Milla
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Empty TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! September 29th 2009, 20:59

Co-ChairAsia_Milla

Hello Asian delegates! Smile
It is now mandaratory to post at LEAST two comments every week in the forum. We are going to check the posts constantly and we want to see interesting topics and different issues being discussed with factual and inteligent answers! We are going to post a couple of interesting articles to start a couple of discussions and make everyone excited for our REAL SALMUN!!!
And please don't forget to go to the meetings on tuesday at Ms. Garrett's room! We are there to help you as much as we can, but you also need to help us! Don't come without anything prepared or else we can't help you much either.
Good luck!!

Chair: Paula Mascarenhas
Co-Chair: Milla Goldenstein

2TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Empty Re: TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! September 30th 2009, 08:33

japan_prosper

japan_prosper

euh.. about the organization of forum how do we post?

-like last year, we create a topic for each of our country and post on ours and the others.
-we create a major topic that is about all topics at the same time.
-we create a topic per resolution (just to avoid repeating topic) and we post on it.
-we wait until futher information.
-any other ways you already decided.

can you tell which one of them it is please...
thank you Smile

3TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Empty Re: TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! September 30th 2009, 20:48

Co-ChairAsia_Milla

There is no restriction about this Prosper! If you want, we can make a topic for each resolution as soon as we confirm them, but you can also create your own, show some helpful articles, as questions about other countries, do anything you want basically! Smile

4TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Empty Re: TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! October 4th 2009, 14:49

japan_prosper

japan_prosper

well, thank you a lot Co-Chair Milla, i was kind of confused.
So i think i am just going to create a topic for my MUN issue, that will be the easiest way, since people already created a lot of them like this, in Europe Caucus.

5TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Empty Re: TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! October 15th 2009, 08:58

NorthKorea_Tyler

NorthKorea_Tyler

Co-Chair Milla,

Do the Delegates of the Aisan Caucus recieve grades based on content of posts, or does it just depend on whether a Delegate posts twice a week?

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

6TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Empty Re: TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! October 15th 2009, 15:49

Secretary General_ Bia

Delegate of North Korea,
Delegates receive a grade based on completion ( 0% if did not post, 50% if one and 100% if he/she posted twice). However every week or so delegates will receive recognition (and maybe "prizes") for the best posts, these being in content! Hope it is clear to you!

SG Smile

7TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Empty Re: TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! October 15th 2009, 16:27

NorthKorea_Tyler

NorthKorea_Tyler

Co-Chair Milla,

The North Korean Delegation thanks you for clearing this situation up.

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

8TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Empty Re: TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! October 18th 2009, 13:30

pakistan_kris

pakistan_kris

Well, thank you for all information but I still have a question

-About the delegate of the week: how does the delegate of the week get chosen? It is all about posting as many posts as possible? Most useful posts? Be present on all topics? Help people out on any caucuses?

thank you for listenning.

9TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Empty Re: TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! October 18th 2009, 18:53

NorthKorea_Tyler

NorthKorea_Tyler

Pakistani Delegation,

The Delegates of North Korea do very much believe that the Delegate of the Week is a random and not planned out act. I do not understand what I did to win the title last week, but apparently somethign the chairs thought was important.

If the North Korean Delegation could take a guess, we believe that it is based on all rules and statistics that Pakistan has previously listed as a series of questions.

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

10TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Empty Re: TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! October 18th 2009, 19:02

Co-ChairAsia_Milla

Unlike what the delegate of North Korea believes. The delegate of the week is not a random act. We chose Tyler last week because he showed commitment to posting in the forum and posting with inteligent remarks. We judge mainly by the content but all of the other factors suggested by the delegate of Pakistan are also relevant. Did you understand?

11TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Empty Re: TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! October 18th 2009, 19:13

NorthKorea_Tyler

NorthKorea_Tyler

Thank you Co-Chair for clearing that up,

I was unsure why I won the title last week, but I'm now aware.

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

12TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Empty Re: TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! October 18th 2009, 20:31

japan_prosper

japan_prosper

And also Co-Chair Milla

For each post we do including new information, for example, that Japan has recently posted anti-missiles to counter the possible nuclear missiles sent by North Korea, Do we always have to state the website where the information is found or do we have to wait until the concerned person or anyone ask for it?

And also; Why is there not a "delegate of the week" for each caucus instead of one for everything? since there are already a lot of delegates and we are still waiting for the delegates from other schools to register, i think it will be better if there will be more people having their names on a special topic called "delegate of the week 'October 19-26'.

This is just a little comment to improve the forum. Very Happy

13TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Empty Re: TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! October 19th 2009, 00:08

ChairAsia_Paula

Delegate of Japan, it is up to you whether you state your sources or not, the sources are usually to give more feedback about the topic you're debating, or to prove a point you've said. We are hoping you are willing to prove during the MUN debates, since delegates have already asked for souces to be presented. Also, the delegate of the week is per caucus. Each caucus has elected their own. We will probably be announcing this week's stand out tomorrow or so. Hope that helped you !

14TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Empty Re: TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! October 19th 2009, 09:51

NorthKorea_Tyler

NorthKorea_Tyler

Chair Paula,

Will our sources be required on any written document in the MUN Debates? Or will they more than likely just be asked for by other Delegations.

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

15TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Empty Re: TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! October 19th 2009, 13:08

ChairAsia_Paula

Delegate Tyler,
I do believe that every paper you submit needs a bibliography, position papers, etc. But what I mean mostly is that during debates I have seen delegates ask for "proof" or in other words, they want to know if your source is reliable or not. So you'll probably just have to say whether it was CNN, or NYTIMES, etc.
Hope it helped!

16TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Empty Re: TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! October 19th 2009, 13:30

NorthKorea_Tyler

NorthKorea_Tyler

Chair Paula,

Thanks for the clarification, it did help me out!

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

17TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Empty Re: TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! October 19th 2009, 15:06

japan_prosper

japan_prosper

Chair Paula
If the source is from another website as http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Quakes/quakes_all.html
Should we also print it, or should we say "the delegate confirms that the source is trustable"?

Thank you for the previous informations TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Icon_biggrin
PS: is wikipedia any good reference of proof?

18TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Empty Re: TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! November 12th 2009, 09:15

NorthKorea_Tyler

NorthKorea_Tyler

Delegate of Japan,

Wikipedia is a good website to find general information, but it should not be used as an official source nor should it be cited in any formal document.

North Korean Delegate,
Tyler Simpson

19TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Empty Re: TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! November 12th 2009, 09:20

RussiaSC_Jaap

RussiaSC_Jaap

If I post here doe i get another grade? uhauhauhauh
Good luck to the Asian Caucus, and I will start to post here, for these topics are becoming interesting...

20TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Empty Posting from other caucus November 14th 2009, 18:15

Japan_Michael

Hello,
I think it's ok, you only have to talk to your caucus leader, because they wont search your post in the asian part of the forum.

21TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! Empty Re: TWO POSTS EVERY WEEK! November 14th 2009, 22:33

ChairAsia_Paula

Delegate of Japan, firstly you choose whether you want your sources printed or not, you should be ready to answer where your facts are from in case someone asks... Wikipedia, during MUN, is not considered a reliable source. As the NK delegate stated, it is useful for some brief background, but shouldn't be used to prove your arguments.
Delegate of Russia, you are more than welcome to post in the Asian caucus if you're interested in the topics! You will be surely graded for your posts by your caucus leader (Bibi in this case).
Remember delegates you can still be posting on the MUN week! For those of you who had not done so many posts up until last week this will be very useful, so keep up the good work. MUN in 3 days!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum